Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two upfront time ?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
After watching Nugent and Vardy tearing Derby apart and now Ings and Vokes tearing up QPR is it time for Oscar to give it a go with CMS coming back to full fitness and the likes of Obika and Spanish Rod available to give it a real go at securing a play off spot ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not going to happen. We play our 'beautiful' spanish football where nothing ever happens.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would love to see 2 strikers. Let's try and force the issue and take hold of the games.

Surely Oscar has this in mind hence the signing of Rodriguez, with Ulloa and Obika already here and CMS and even Hoskins on their way back surely he doesn't want 5 strikers to battle for 1 position?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We should go 2 up front at home for sure. We will have loads of options/ combos in a couple of weeks time. Got a sneaking feeling we might see CMS on bench tomorrow.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Couldn't agree more. Have posted another thread under the same thing. Seeing the ball played forward quickly and then finding 2 or 3 players in the box waiting for the cross has become alien to the albion. We have the players to kill teams off especially at home and would be great to see us try and do this rather than as per what we've got used to. ie go 1 down and chase the game or go one up and then hang on.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would like to see us try a 4-1-3-2

Maybe something like this..

Kuzschak

Bruno Upson Greer Ward

Ince

Buckley Stephens Lua Lua

Ulloa CMS

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No thanks, we much rather see a top 3 (i.e Buckley Ulloa and LuaLua) with a 4th (Orlandi) in the No 10 role as the link between the midfield and the front line. 4-4-2 is static and does not allow for play between the lines

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No thanks, we much rather see a top 3 (i.e Buckley Ulloa and LuaLua) with a 4th (Orlandi) in the No 10 role as the link between the midfield and the front line. 4-4-2 is static and does not allow for play between the lines

This. Yet some people just can't get their heads around the fact that this is an attacking formation. Just because there aren't two big lumps up front.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Would love to see it but it ain't gonna happen. OG only ever wants to play 1 up front. Feel sorry for Rodriquez who will invariably only be a bench player and get a few mins here or there.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This. Yet some people just can't get their heads around the fact that this is an attacking formation. Just because there aren't two big lumps up front.

Even with my spelling mistake, very kind!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would love to see it but it ain't gonna happen. OG only ever wants to play 1 up front. Feel sorry for Rodriquez who will invariably only be a bench player and get a few mins here or there.

Despite the fact he can play wide in a three up top?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

4-3-3 would be ideal as long as it genuinely is 3 forwards as opposed to 1 striker, 1 winger and Lopez mooching around the half way line.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
4-3-3 would be ideal as long as it genuinely is 3 forwards as opposed to 1 striker, 1 winger and Lopez mooching around the half way line.

4-3-3 and 4-5-1 are pretty much the same. You need the wingers to defend as well as create the changes and score the goals. Just dumping say CMS and Hoskins on the wing is not going to work. I agree that Lopez is wasted on the wing but Oscar has had his hands tied with injuries. There would be nothing wrong with 2 pacey wingers with a No 10 and a man up top.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I think everyone understands 4-3-3 is an attacking formation, but the way we execute it doesn't do it justice. If you play it with 2 pacy wide men who can cover the ground and be the 2nd striker when the ball comes down the opposite flank then you can cause problems, if one of them is slow the system becomes lop sided ,and they either can't get the ball forward quick enough when they have possesion or can't get up the pitch quick enough to support the striker if the ball is in the opposite wing. If we play with any 2 from KLL,Buckley or March they all have the pace to support Ulloa and stop him being isolated. IMO of course.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Don't see much ****ing evidence of us ever actually attacking or having a go at a team though, look at our results they're near enough ALL 1-0s one way or the other. Attacking football? I'm not so sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here