Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any advice on replacing a conservatory roof with a more conventional one?

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
No game and I have run out of excuses not to get on with her indoors list of jobs.
Fed up with conservatory leaking roof - she wants to replace it with a conventional roof - no leaks less noise more insulation etc.
Any NSC experiences, recommendations on this?

.....and any novel excuses why not able to do jobs around the house when we do not have a game most welcomed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No game and I have run out of excuses not to get on with her indoors list of jobs.
Shit, that's some job for a Saturday afternoon.

You'll obviously need building regs. I don't know about planning permission (on the one hand it's not changing much, but on on the other, I think the rules for being able to add a conservatory are more lenient than a solid extension). Are you changing the walls, to take the extra weight?

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
good point Triggaaar on the weight but i have seen companies advertising these roofs- just never sure if you are being sold down the river .
the job today was to look into it-fortunately not to do it .
this could be a bit like BHA looking into signing Messi- i.e. it aint gonna happen !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It depends what your frames are like. If they are UPVC, then they may not be strong enough for a solid roof.
Is it a pitched roof or Lean-to. If it is a pitched roof, then Ultraframe now produce a conservatory solid roof. www.ultraframe-conservatories.co.uk/realroof
You wont necessarily need Building Regs.
I am a freelance conservatory surveyor, so PM me if you want more advice.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
Hi HS - Its hardwood frame , double glazed windows but flimsy Polycarb roof . thx for the offer of advice - i'll do some research on your link . cheers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here