Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt starts against Newcastle

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
As it says. A bit surprised he's being thrown straight in, good chance for him but a lot of pressure. Particularly as he hasn't been playing recently. Thoughts?

Feb 14, 2010
Nice to see his injury that has kept him out for most of this eason has cleared up.. I'm not blaming him, he wanted PL football but you have to laugh

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Part of me hopes he does well... the other part hopes he is a disaster. Funny thing human nature!

In my head I'm still pissed off with Poyet and Bridcutt for their various antics in the run up to their respective exits, but in my heart I can't help wanting them both to do well.

They both were such important parts of all the good things that have happened over the last few years.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
In my head I'm still pissed off with Poyet and Bridcutt for their various antics in the run up to their respective exits, but in my heart I can't help wanting them both to do well.

They both were such important parts of all the good things that have happened over the last few years.

I'm not pissed off with Bridcutt at all. I'd like to wish him well but it's a bit difficult as all I want for Poyet is failure on the grandest of scales.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Must be in the right frame of mind this week then.

There's nothing like a decent pay rise to focus the mind, just hope for his sake he has a decent game after the way Poyet has been bigging him up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly this. Anything but a 'normal' or 'acceptable' performance and I'll enjoy it.
I'm the opposite - I'm hoping his debut is 'fine'. He's been great for us, and I wish him well, so I don't want him to fail. But if he's outstanding, I'm suddenly going to feel that we've been robbed.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
own goal, injured, then red card will please me.

refusing to play.....what a dog turd.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quite. He let us down towards the end which is a shame.

Unforgiveable for me especially combined with his apparent disinclination to say goodbye or kiss my arse to the people who have supported him and helped build his career.
Be very happy to see Sunderland fail. Sadly Bridcutt will do well because on the pitch he is as classy as he now appears classless off it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
For me he has been totally unprofessional in recent weeks. We have been paying his wages and he says his head isn't right to play. Yet he is straight in the starting line up after all the rushing around of the last few days, amazing!!!. Has been a great player for us the last few seasons and good luck to the fella. But this whole episode has left a nasty taste in the mouth, as most things do where a certain person is involved.

Feb 14, 2010
Newcastle have handed out CLACKERS!!

N dubt the palace fans who themselves (not the club) like to bang a drum and join in with goal music will try and argue that Newcastle are plastic because Newcastle like us get bigger crowds than palace when in a division below. The logic that is crystal "struggle to get 15000 when giving away tickets in the second tier and we love to bang a drum like Reading" palace is amusing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
MOTD worth watching again

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here