Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So is he now going to steam on for the rest of the season? Or spend half it sulking or injured.

I think he is key to our promotion hopes. If he has a fantastic four months then we will reach the play offs, if he is as inconsistent as he has been then the attacking options are more limited.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
So is he now going to steam on for the rest of the season? Or spend half it sulking or injured.

I think he is key to our promotion hopes. If he has a fantastic four months then we will reach the play offs, if he is as inconsistent as he has been then the attacking options are more limited.

Not sure he is key, although let's hope he gets his head down and puts in a 90 minute shift - for me has lost a yard of pace, rarely beats his fullback on a regular basis - hope to be proved wrong though.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Dont think hes sulking to be honest. His weak point is his hamstrings, just the way hes built unfortunately. Cant seem to go very long before he pulls one of them again.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the key for me is our home form and we need to start winning at home and also we need to start scoring goals and we need to get ulloa back firing the goals in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's been disappointing or injured this season, if he can string together a dozen good performances he certainly could be key for us but I'm not sure his body is up to it.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It must be so frustrating for such a talented player to be so injury prone. I know some on here would be happy if Will had moved on but I still harbour hopes that he will get fit and rediscover his peak form. Maybe we have rushed him back too quickly so it is better to miss one or two more games. It would be great to have him available for the run in.

Apart from his fragile hamstrings I guess his confidence will not have been helped by having to play a less familiar role during our wider injury crisis.

Buckley's absence creates more expectation on KLL to maintain his own fitness and form. It also gives an opportunity for March and maybe Monakana.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the problem we have with buckley is he has a couple of really good games and then he gets himself injured again and i know its not his fault

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's a class above most wingers in this div - there's a reason prem teams wanted him. He will prove all the impatient doubters wrong again...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else feel that our promotion prospects are being hamstrung by all this talk of Buckley's state of mind and his injuries?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He's a class above most wingers in this div - there's a reason prem teams wanted him. He will prove all the impatient doubters wrong again...

I don't think many people doubt his ability, but the frustration at not seeing him play is definitely bubbling up. Buckley is such a good player, probably the quickest I've seen, he's got a brilliant touch and he's fantastic with both feet. On his day he's comfortably a PL winger. It really is painful when he doesn't play for 6 weeks, struggles through 3 games and then limps off again. :cry:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think many people doubt his ability, but the frustration at not seeing him play is definitely bubbling up. Buckley is such a good player, probably the quickest I've seen, he's got a brilliant touch and he's fantastic with both feet. On his day he's comfortably a PL winger. It really is painful when he doesn't play for 6 weeks, struggles through 3 games and then limps off again. :cry:

Yes mate - I'm v frustrated with it too bit the last thing only mind was to sell one of our best players like some morons on here wanted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here