Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When a skinhead walks down the street...

Feb 14, 2010
.. every chic heart, skips a beat..

Brighton played a massive part in the skinhead fashion of the 60's, 70's and 80's. The ska, reggae, all before Oi came about. So any pictures of the recent great skinhead rivivals in brighton. I dont go much but are there a few skins still knocking around the Albion these days?

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
The Great Skinhead Reunion in Brighton, first weekend in June, skins coming from all over UK, Europe and some even further away. Lots if live bands and top dj's as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Brighton played a massive part in the skinhead fashion of the 60's, 70's and 80's. The ska, reggae, all before Oi came about. So any pictures of the recent great skinhead rivivals in brighton. I dont go much but are there a few skins still knocking around the Albion these days?

The majority of skinheads are not through choice these days

Feb 14, 2010
The majority of skinheads are not through choice these days

Ah to see the Northstand monstomping again... What a football song this would be from the crowd.. ".. I want all you skinheads to get up off your feet, put your braces together and your boots on your feet, because we're going to put together some of that old moon stomping.. der der der der.."

Jan 30, 2008
Ah to see the Northstand monstomping again... What a football song this would be from the crowd.. ".. I want all you skinheads to get up off your feet, put your braces together and your boots on your feet, because we're going to put together some of that old moon stomping.. der der der der.."
shame some of the SKINS ARE NOW HOLDING HANDS .............. THE SAME ONES THAT TOOK A KICKING BACK IN THE DAY
regards
DR

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Tiptoe through the North Stand,with your boots on,get your head kicked in.
Oh tiptoe through the North Stand with me.

Laurie Henderson vanished without a trace,
and they did the skinhead moonstomp on my face.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
Any revival should follow the British fashions of 1969 and 1979 and not the early 80's bonehead with extra high docs and bleached jeans. Also needs to stay away from politics.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Some skinhead left his mates and approached me, in the late 60's, by the Level as I was walking up Ditchling Road eating an ice cream. "You got bovver?" he enquired. "Yes", I said, "but he's just a baby". He just stood there with his mouth open, and was still there when I crossed Viaduct Road, some minutes later. I thought he said "Brother", but then I was only about 9. Cool story n'est ce pas?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Attachments

• Skinhead_Reggae_blowup.jpg
    Skinhead_Reggae_blowup.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,639

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any revival should follow the British fashions of 1969 and 1979 and not the early 80's bonehead with extra high docs and bleached jeans. Also needs to stay away from politics.

For sure skinheads were sharp dressers all through the punk years (the real punk years, not the fake Garry-bushell-invented Oi! that enabled him do write-ups on his untalented mates and earn them a nice little payday from the gullible) but they were also the most reactionary anti-punk nazis, low IQ rottweilers that the likes of Jimmy Pursey initially patronised until he realised he had no control over them. If The Kids Are United my arse.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
The Great Skinhead Reunion in Brighton, first weekend in June, skins coming from all over UK, Europe and some even further away. Lots if live bands and top dj's as well.

I'll be one of those DJ's!! Been a skinhead now for 20 years!! The Skinhead Reunion is a great place if you are into any aspect of the scene, whether its Oi, Ska, Punk, 2-tone etc. No politics, just good beer & great music!

Oh, & if you're anywhere near Chichester on 21st February, you can hear some heavyweight Skinhead Reggae for free!!

image.jpg

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Sounds good, just heard of another big one happening in Worthing as well ...... You're not Darren are you ?? pretty sure he's a Norwich fan ??

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Sounds good, just heard of another big one happening in Worthing as well ...... You're not Darren are you ?? pretty sure he's a Norwich fan ??

Haha!! No, but iv been mates with him for about 20 years also! Worth plugging his do as well - a charity night in Worthing to raise funds for the "Mind" charity after the passing of Steve Pybus, the owner of Dirty Harry clothes shop in Brighton.

image.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

The late 60s skins did look the part from pictures I have seen.

This clown needs to find some pictures of the original skinheads.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The pic of the station has reminded me of a shop there..petty much where those skins are standing.. that sold skinhead clothes, and knives and all sort of stuff...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here