Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ffp fc

Feb 14, 2010
So we should be paying about £800 p.a for a season ticket? Wow, that's ****ing ridiculous.

No its financial reality. The fact you are not is because Bloom is paying the extra from his back pocket and hence the need to sell Bridcutt, unless you want us to screw over our creditors like palace have done twice. Footballers are paid more than the revenue generates, someone has to pay for that.. and as is pointed out, that is not you, its Bloom. So say thank you.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we should be paying about £800 p.a for a season ticket? Wow, that's ****ing ridiculous.

Er no, that's not what I said is it. What we should be doing is realising profit on some assets - Bridcutt and Barnes - and cutting back the wage bill by not having more senior high paid players than we need in the squad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Er no, that's not what I said is it. What we should be doing is realising profit on some assets - Bridcutt and Barnes - and cutting back the wage bill by not having more senior high paid players than we need in the squad.

You said he subsidises my ticket by £350. Which is it, he does or he doesn't?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No its financial reality. The fact you are not is because Bloom is paying the extra from his back pocket and hence the need to sell Bridcutt, unless you want us to screw over our creditors like palace have done twice. Footballers are paid more than the revenue generates, someone has to pay for that.. and as is pointed out, that is not you, its Bloom. So say thank you.
No, you're absolutely right, I want the club to screw the creditors over. Not sure why you're getting such a hard on, I asked a simple question ffs

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I dont kno the exact figures but he paid £8 Million last season in losses. That means costs were higher than revenue, so yes he does subsidise your football now say thank you to TB.

So if he is having to subsidise my ticket the face value should be in the region of £800, no?

p.s probably best if you stop typing that little 'now say thank you' line.

Feb 14, 2010
So if he is having to subsidise my ticket the face value should be in the region of £800, no?

p.s probably best if you stop typing that little 'now say thank you' line.

Bloom is paying for you out of his back pocket to watch players that on your price of season ticket you should not be able to afford with the prioce of footballers wages at present, so do say thank you to him

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bloom is paying for you out of his back pocket to watch players that on your price of season ticket you should not be able to afford with the prioce of footballers wages at present, so do say thank you to him

So it's a privelige to spend a lot of money to support the club? Maybe I'll sack it off and become an armchair fan then, don't have to say thank you then.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I think Tony Bloom should be spending far more than 8 million a year of his own money to gamble on us being promoted. I mean what has he ever done for us?

Yes Right and nowhere on here has anyone said about the club paying back TB's investment to him. I know it is supposed to be interest free, but I assume that the club are paying the money back over a certain period. Just say the agreement is £5-10 million a year, then that would account for a lot of the money that fans feel we should have left over after season ticket sales , merchandising and player sales. If this is the case I don't begrudge TB the money one bit, but it would be easier for fans to understand it if they were kept informed.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You said he subsidises my ticket by £350. Which is it, he does or he doesn't?

He is effectively subsiding every seat in the stadium to the tune of +- 258 quid per annum (8m divided by 31,000). Under the final FFP rules, it will be 161 quid per annum (5m divided by 31000).

This is to answer your initial question, by the way - I am keeping out of any subsequent bunfight. :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He is effectively subsiding every seat in the stadium to the tune of +- 258 quid per annum (8m divided by 31,000). Under the final FFP rules, it will be 161 quid per annum (5m divided by 31000).

This is to answer your initial question, by the way - I am keeping out of any subsequent bunfight. :)

Thanky you for your response. I'm not fully up to speed with the financial ongoings of the club, but is it safe to assume the options are either massively increase st prices or continue to sell our best assets?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thanky you for your response. I'm not fully up to speed with the financial ongoings of the club, but is it safe to assume the options are either massively increase st prices or continue to sell our best assets?

Well, I believe that the money we got for Bridcutt will be reinvested in the team at some stage, either through loans now or signings in the summer, but that's by the by for now.

Anyway, to answer your question, we have to cut costs as well. TB is prepared to cover 5m losses per annum in the short term but no more, hence our endeavours to adhere to FFP. The playing budget this year went up by 6% as PB saved 2m in costs last year. We also have a new shirt sponsorship deal that has increased income. By how much, I have no idea.

But ultimately, we have to stay within losses of 5m a year, by a combination of increasing revenue and cutting costs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, I believe that the money we got for Bridcutt will be reinvested in the team at some stage, either through loans now or signings in the summer, but that's by the by for now.

Anyway, to answer your question, we have to cut costs as well. TB is prepared to cover 5m losses per annum in the short term but no more, hence our endeavours to adhere to FFP. The playing budget this year went up by 6% as PB saved 2m in costs last year. We also have a new shirt sponsorship deal that has increased income. By how much, I have no idea.

But ultimately, we have to stay within losses of 5m a year, by a combination of increasing revenue and cutting costs.

Gotcha, thank you for making it clear :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So for anyone still debating the impact or sanctions invest five minutes of your team and actually read the Football League guidelines specific to the Championship below.

Key points as I see them:

1) transfer embargo or financial penalties only kick in from next season onwards
2) from season 15/16 the combined value of "accepted deviation" and "shareholder injections" will be a maximum of £5m per season - I.e What TB can plough into the club coffers
3) the ffp tax is shared out only to Championship clubs that meet all ffp criteria so if the fines total £20m from any particular season and we're the only club to meet it we get it all
4) clubs relegated from the Prem don't have to comply in their first season back in the FL as long as they met any Prem regs on their way down

The aim of the FL is surely to ensure that as many as possible comply in the shortest time possible so to my mind if that happens then the impact\potential to gain is short lived and limited.

Whatever the reality is I for one think we're doing the right thing.

How will it work?

The Championship

Financial Fair Play in the Championship will see the introduction of a breakeven model based on UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations. It will require clubs to stay within pre-defined limits on losses and shareholder equity investment that will reduce significantly over the next five seasons.

The new system will require clubs to provide annual accounts to The Football League by December 1 every year, covering the previous season/financial year. Using this information a 'Fair Play Result' will be determined for each club that will equate to the club's profit/loss for the year, excluding investment in specific areas of club infrastructure or losses in certain extraordinary circumstances.

In order to comply with the Financial Fair Play regulations each club is required to demonstrate a Fair Play Result that is either:

a) nil or greater.

or:

b) A loss of less than the permitted level of acceptable deviation and shareholder equity investment for the season in question.

The permitted level of acceptable deviation and shareholder equity investment will reduce over time from £4m and £8m respectively in 2011/12 to £2m and £3m by 2015/16.

The Football League will establish a Financial Fair Play Panel, led by its Chairman, to consider any challenges by clubs to the determination of the Fair Play Result.

What counts towards the Fair Play Result?

The Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)
• The profit affecting element of the purchase, sale and depreciation of fixed assets excluding players (e.g. a club's stadium)
• Investment in a club's Community Scheme
• Promotion related bonus payments

A club is also entitled to apply to the Financial Fair Play Panel to have certain exceptional items excluded from the Financial Fair Play Result in a particular year. Such as (but not limited to):

• Career ending injury costs
• Bad debts from other clubs
• Losses sustained from a major sponsor defaulting

The timetable for implementation

As with UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations, The Football League will phase in its Financial Fair Play framework for Championship clubs. This is outlined below.

Season 2011/12 2012/13 2013/14 2014/15 2015/16 onwards
Acceptable deviation £4 m £4 m £3 m £3 m £2 m
Shareholder equity investment £8 m £6 m £5 m £3 m £3 m
Total Permitted Allowances £12 m £10 m £8 m £6 m £5 m

The first reporting period will be the current season (2011/12) - with the first set of accounts due to be submitted on 1st December 2012.

Sanctions

Failure to stay within the defined limits will lead to the imposition of sanctions. However, there will be no sanctions implemented during the first two seasons (2012/13 and 2013/14) in order to give clubs a sensible period of transition.

From the 2014/15 season, sanctions will be introduced that will differ depending on whether the club ultimately remained in the Championship, was promoted to the Premier League or was relegated to League 1.

i. Sanctions for clubs remaining in the Championship

Clubs that fail to comply with the Financial Fair Play regulations (from December 1st 2014) will be subject to a transfer embargo. This embargo will come in to force ahead of the subsequent transfer window beginning on January 1, 2015.

The embargo will remain in place until the club is able to lodge financial information that demonstrates that it meets the Financial Fair Play regulations (either for the previous reporting period or a future reporting period).

ii. Sanctions for clubs promoted to the Premier League

Clubs promoted to the Premier League will be required to provide Financial Fair Play information for their promotion season by December 1. Any club found to have breached Financial Fair Play regulations will be required to pay a 'Fair Play Tax' on the excess by which the club failed to fulfil the Fair Play requirement, ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m.

The Fair Play Tax will be applied at the following thresholds:

(a) 1% of the excess between £1 and £100,000;
(b) 20% of the excess between £100,001 and £500,000;
(c) 40% of the excess between £500,001 and £1,000,000;
(d) 60% of the excess between £1,000,001 and £5,000,000;
(e) 80% of the excess between £5,000,001 and £10,000,000; and
(f) 100% of the excess over £10,000,000
Any proceeds will be distributed equally amongst clubs that have complied with the Financial Fair Play regulations for the season in question.

The Football League is currently in the process of consulting with the Premier League regarding the implementation of these Financial Fair Play regulation

So where in all of that does it refer to the fines etc been given to charity, which was widely reported by all the media outlets!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Compared to what I (and a few thousand others) had to go through during the mid-nineties until Bloom took over, I will take what we have now. We at least with the academy on it's way have a chance at a sustainable future. Do I want us to spend millions chasing the dream? Of course I do, but I also want to be able to be able to go to see the Albion in 30 years time, without the worry that financial mismanagement that we have had to put up with. I do not want us to do a Palace or a Pompey.

D

Deleted member 22389

Compared to what I (and a few thousand others) had to go through during the mid-nineties until Bloom took over, I will take what we have now. We at least with the academy on it's way have a chance at a sustainable future. Do I want us to spend millions chasing the dream? Of course I do, but I also want to be able to be able to go to see the Albion in 30 years time, without the worry that financial mismanagement that we have had to put up with. I do not want us to do a Palace or a Pompey.

I'm hoping our support becomes a little bit more realistic. I would love us to chase that dream, but not at the expense of us going out of business.

Say we did spend an extra 15 million this season and we failed to go up, not only does it go against FFP rules, but that debt would follow us in to the next season and then the season after that and so on, on top of the losses we are already making. It's a risky game to play. Debts don't go away.

We have been down this road before, do we really need that shit again?

If people cannot understand this, then they really need to go anf support a team where money is no object for the owners. TB has always said 'I'm no Abramovich'
I remember the shock all those years ago in the Argus, with a picture of all our players up for sale on the front page.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So where in all of that does it refer to the fines etc been given to charity, which was widely reported by all the media outlets!

That's a variation since the rules were first drawn up I believe. The interpretation of the change that I read suggested it was because the League knew they'd have a difficult time making the fines stick. By giving the money to charity, they'd be able to paint any club that didn't pay up in a bad light and have public support for their stance. All of which is a bit depressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here