Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ffp fc

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I want success. And all I see is the club trying to build that. I don't want success right now if it's at any cost, because surely we all know now what that can do to a club.

D

Deleted member 22389

Didn't say it wasn't appreciated it's just that the investment seems to mean nobody is allowed to want a bit of success, we are supposed to say thank you over and over again from our padded seats and think how very lucky we are, I mean no other club has it any better than us we are truly blessed.

Would you prefer someone else comes in then, put millions and millions of pounds down on the table and takes that chance. What happens if it fails how hard would we fall?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would you prefer someone else comes in then, put millions and millions of pounds down on the table and takes that chance. What happens if it fails how hard would we fall?

This is the concept some people seem to fail to grasp. Spending millions doesn't necessarily equate to success, and if we failed to go up we could easily be the next Pompey.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The thing is, these same people would still be moaning just as much if we were top of the premiership playing in front of crowds of 150,000. "We hit the post twice again". "Messi is a waste of space".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After 30 odd years I don't want to support Chelsea but would love to finally have some success and to stop being our biggest rivals laughing stock!

Stump up £150m+ and I'm sure you can show us all how it's done. Don't forget, we'll be expecting you to pay for multi-million pound players each transfer window as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
After 30 odd years I don't want to support Chelsea but would love to finally have some success and to stop being our biggest rivals laughing stock!

So would I but in reality I cannot contribute towards helping that, do you have a substantial sum of money you could give to the club to boost the transfer kitty and help us spend millions ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Man City cook the books to pass FFP, if they get away with it then so will every side in the championship. Also no one has any idea what the punishments are, if any?
I don't want the Albion to over spend but it seems we are one of very few clubs taking it seriously.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-uefas-financial-fair-play-rules-9097609.html

You could see it a different way. We are using the guidelines as a template for a sustainable future. Other clubs can disregard the rules - and threaten to take the FA to court if they try to impose penalties - but in doing so are literally gambling with their futures. I love the fact that we're looking to build a sustainable and large club - I can only see great success for a long time to come. I'll live without promotion for a year or two (or more, the Prem isn't the be all and end all for me) if it means I can follow a club that plays and acts in the right way for many many years to come. And who the hell would have believed that was a realistic dream even five years ago?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You could see it a different way. We are using the guidelines as a template for a sustainable future. Other clubs can disregard the rules - and threaten to take the FA to court if they try to impose penalties - but in doing so are literally gambling with their futures. I love the fact that we're looking to build a sustainable and large club - I can only see great success for a long time to come. I'll live without promotion for a year or two (or more, the Prem isn't the be all and end all for me) if it means I can follow a club that plays and acts in the right way for many many years to come. And who the hell would have believed that was a realistic dream even five years ago?

This is one of the most sensible things I've ever read on NSC.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For me, this whole issue can be summed up in one question:

Do I trust Tony Bloom to do what is right for this football club?

Answer - 100% yes.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

This - best post on NSC today.

We could even end up being a model for clubs to model themselves on off the field - Amex era + of course, don't recommend other clubs get a Bellotti or an Archer and have to go 50 miles for a home game of course.

Feb 14, 2010

Totally agree. I also would add that nobody has the right to spend \Tony Bloom's money for him. Bloom would have to pay the extra unless we did a palkace and screwed over our creditors. Knocking on the door of the play offs and one season it will click and we will go up. As for this window, then who have we lost? "Barn door Barnes". I know its trendy to say that he ran around allot but the bottom line is that he was paid to score goals and he put more chances into row z than he ever did the net. Then we also lost a good enough centre back that didnt play much. We have signed a striker, well if he can score goals and convert chances then we are better off than before the window. As for crofts, well he was just injured and they have gone for a similar type player. People do go overboard. I dont think we will go up but I have a feeling, just a feeling that it might just be a special season at the Albion with the FA Cup.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Man City cook the books to pass FFP, if they get away with it then so will every side in the championship. Also no one has any idea what the punishments are, if any?
I don't want the Albion to over spend but it seems we are one of very few clubs taking it seriously.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-uefas-financial-fair-play-rules-9097609.html

You can read about the punishments here. And the PL have different rules. http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

If you don't want them to overspend, then following FFP is a pretty good way of going about keeping to that, don't you think?

It is not relevant what other clubs do to circumvent it - we are not going to do so.

And as I have said before, you can get promoted without overspending. And you can most certainly fail to get promoted whilst still overspending. I know which I prefer.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Good thought provoking post. Yet no matter, we are sticking to FFP. If we were just sustainably running the club, we might not be so tight with the purse strings. We've lost out on players in this window, due to FFP. These are players the club wanted but couldn't compete with others due to FFP. I'm not advocating over spending and bringing in debts. But the day that Barber is waiting for when the likes of QPR, Leicester, Forest et Al are punished with fines, points deductions and transfer embargoes, might not come.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It seems rather early to suggest it but you would appear to be up for the NSC Golden Ball award for most sensible and level-headed post of 2014.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here