Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of our new spanish lad.........

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The lad looks tidy and clinical. If Oscar plays Ulloa and Spanish Rodney together the rest of the Championship is going to have to be on code brown for the foreseeable future.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I am very excited seeing this video, looks like he has an amazing finishing touch and deadly accuracy, certainly looks promising

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
2 footed and got an eye for the goal, don't think he looks that quick though myself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone looks clinical in a highlights video - every shot is a goal. Hopefully you're right though. He should have more pace than we're used to (without CMS or a fit Buckley), and he had a good attitude in his interview.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry chaps but when the highlights video is all about, slo-mo, camera trickery, celebrations, repeats and flashy editing it can only mean one thing:-

puerta del granero Rodney

(Barndoor Rodney).

I hereby pronounce Rodney an epic failure of Trusson proportions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How not to make a highlights video.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Anyone know why Celta released him? If he's that good that wouldn't have happened...

I think he was out of contract in the summer and not playing regularly, plus most Spanish clubs bar the top 3 or 4 are skint due to their economy going belly up so it's one off the wage bill. By mutually cancelling his contract it probably meant Celta didn't have to pay him off.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Looks decent enough. He can clearly finish and a lot of his goals are due to him running in behind the defence. Different to Ulloa and may compliment him nicely

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
2 footed and got an eye for the goal, don't think he looks that quick though myself.

Yes but you've got to compare him against the speed of Championship defences rather than your 100m splits.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Similar to Barnes in that he gets himself into good positions. If that's correct but he's more clinical, then great. Sincerely hope we don't get to see too much of him though (because Leo gets his mojo back and is breaking goal scoring records).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So how do all this lot fit into 1 up front? Ulloa, Obika, Rodriguez, CMS, Hoskins.

Ulloa up front by himself. Against the right opposition, D2 out wide a la Barnes. Obika on the bench. CMS on the bench at best because he will come back lacking his one great asset, his pace. Won't see Hoskins until March/April or he'll breakdown in first game back. Hope that helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here