Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis Cup deciding set USA v GB

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well done to the OP for bringing my attention to it - great viewing at the end. I'm amazed R5L totally ignored such a monumental GB achievement.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Tuned in to watch last 3 games on your advice Downham and glad I did. Beating the Yanks at anything is great, particularly a sport they must invest millions in annually. Got to admit I've never heard of this ward fella, but seemed be pretty ruthless in dispatching his opponent. Future prospect or just the game of his life?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Has played well in Davis Cup over the last 3 years and reached the semi of queens 2 years ago but struggles on the challenger tour. Been as high as 120 in the world but on this form should be in the top 100. Ranked 175 at mo

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
175 in the world beats no 45 (who has been no 17) away in the US on clay.

We are sure to lose the doubles (Bryan brothers) but Murray should beat Querry and Ward would have a decent chance against Young.

Win one of those and we are in the qtr finals for the first time since.... who knows!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I would give Andy a rest in the doubles and play Dom Ingot, a good doubles player ranked in the top 30 and on the up. The Byron brothers are great but on the wain so beatable.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Wow. A dingy quiet wet miserable january night and up pops a)an exciting Oscar Spanish signing and b) an historic magical sporting victory in an exotic far flung corner that'll be talked about as much as the fabled womens curling achievement at the Olympics. When he threw away the 3rd set I was looking forward to bed safe in the knowledge Murray would save us over the weekend and when he started badly in the 4th I got annoyed with his crapness , turned the lights out for bed but refrained from turning the telly off until i'd had a bedtime smoke. Here i am an hour and a half later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here