Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our FFP balance sheet

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
With the Bridcutt and Barnes deal and decent frees and cheap deals coming in we must be looking at less than a five mill loss this season. I reckon TB has looked at some of the money being spent and decided to fold on this seasons hand to go again next year. Good cards?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Promotion is worth about £100 million, so cutting the loss by £2-3 million isn't a major issue compared to that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But if you dont think promotion is realistic unless you spend millions and more than three are already in that bracket any big spend is a huge gamble.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
When you compare what we have done with other championship clubs I think we have done okay in the window.

Cashed in on a player we were not missing, and recycled a striker for another one.

Oh and added a further midfielder who everyone rates.

Not many of our rivals have done this much business.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon we've got some cash for 2 or maybe 3 decent 93 day loans from the end of Feb to include potential playoffs.

Come back Mr E. Bennett ???

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
With the Bridcutt and Barnes deal and decent frees and cheap deals coming in we must be looking at less than a five mill loss this season. I reckon TB has looked at some of the money being spent and decided to fold on this seasons hand to go again next year. Good cards?

I can't help but think you're right.

We still have a strong squad ,a squad that is good enough to make the top 6 but what message has been sent out during the transfer window to make players & fans alike believe it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Reckon we've got some cash for 2 or maybe 3 decent 93 day loans from the end of Feb to include potential playoffs.

Come back Mr E. Bennett ???

Depends when he is fit. Will be interesting to see if Glenn Murray is in Palace's squad of 25 when it is announced for the remainder of the season next week. I expect he will be in it as whilst they've signed a lot of players not many are strikers, but if not....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here