Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To all the whingers .......

MattyC

May 12, 2013
To all the whingers out there, have you forgotten where we have come from and where we are today? I would say we should be extremely proud and happy with what we got in the transfer window. Great football takes time and doesn't happen overnight. Brighton as a club have learnt from the past. And to all those new fans that don't remember the Goldstone days and then having to share with Gillingham, what we have now is the right path to sustainable success. So well done to BHA for a successful transfer window!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Have we signed a new whinger yet...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:cheery:
To all the whingers out there, have you forgotten where we have come from and where we are today? I would say we should be extremely proud and happy with what we got in the transfer window. Great football takes time and doesn't happen overnight. Brighton as a club have learnt from the past. And to all those new fans that don't remember the Goldstone days and then having to share with Gillingham, what we have now is the right path to sustainable success. So well done to BHA for a successful transfer window!!

:facepalm:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Actually we have one of the best defences in the league but were a bit light in midfield and up front. Bridcutt hasn't played much for us all season so an extra midfielder in and two strikers is really all we needed. Time will tell if the new signings are any good though!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
To all the whingers out there, have you forgotten where we have come from and where we are today? I would say we should be extremely proud and happy with what we got in the transfer window. Great football takes time and doesn't happen overnight. Brighton as a club have learnt from the past. And to all those new fans that don't remember the Goldstone days and then having to share with Gillingham, what we have now is the right path to sustainable success. So well done to BHA for a successful transfer window!![/QUOTE

What has the goldstone & gillingham got to do with the transfer window.

What do you class a successful transfer window.

If you mean selling 3 players & buying 2 with a net profit of 2.75m then you are probably right.

If you mean improving our squad in an attempt to get into the premier league then you couldn't be more wrong.

I can't help that think that our squad was stronger on jan 1st than feb 1st.

TIME WILL TELL

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Actually, I'm not a whinger. Look at my posts and I have stood by the club through everything and until today was saying we would deal well in the transfer window. However, today has changed my view slightly. I'll still be there at Watford and the vast majority of games but I lost a bit of faith today (if we win the play offs please bounce this thread as I'll be delighted to be proved wrong).

However, we got £3 million (about) for Bridcutt and money for Barnes/El Abd and yet only spent a bit on Stephens (who by the way I think will be a good signing as will Rodriguez). For the club to try to claim we are as strong as the start of the month is harsh on Oscar who they're hanging out to dry if we don't make the play offs. If I was Oscar I would be quite pissed off tonight as my squad got weakened and yet the club officially announce how strong we are.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Actually, I'm not a whinger. Look at my posts and I have stood by the club through everything and until today was saying we would deal well in the transfer window. However, today has changed my view slightly. I'll still be there at Watford and the vast majority of games but I lost a bit of faith today (if we win the play offs please bounce this thread as I'll be delighted to be proved wrong).

However, we got £3 million (about) for Bridcutt and money for Barnes/El Abd and yet only spent a bit on Stephens (who by the way I think will be a good signing as will Rodriguez). For the club to try to claim we are as strong as the start of the month is harsh on Oscar who they're hanging out to dry if we don't make the play offs. If I was Oscar I would be quite pissed off tonight as my squad got weakened and yet the club officially announce how strong we are.

Points well made. I think that Spanish Rodney is a gamble (Why did Celta release him?) and the loss of Crofts tips the balance. However there is still the loan market and the possibility of a CMS and even perhaps Hoskins return. If you look at the contracts there may be a lot of work ti do and money to be spent next summer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All of this. You can add two injury prone wingers with limited cover.

When 'smaller' clubs (in terms of attendance) buy and attract better players something is wrong. FFP of course plays a part, but as has been pointed out more and more recently, it is a vicious circle, as we cut costs, inevitably we could get more and more weaker. In the meantime season ticket sales will fall, as will attendances......

The training ground and development players can not come through soon enough.

Oh, and Kuszczak is out of contract at the end of the season. If players perceive a lack of ambition, why will they sign?

Great times in terms of infrastructure and facilities, but the playing side is key to maintaining support.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I spent the majority of yesterday suggesting the same as most people in this thread are doing, I took a lot of abuse for it. OP called me a prick and part of the Amex band wagon, which is nice of him. I do feel sorry for Oscar, he has a massive task to meet the expectations of the play offs, weaker squad which will be bare bones by the summer. Upson, Kusczcack out of contract, Orlandi and Lopez too I believe. Ward, Andrews' loans expired. The squad is going to need a HUGE overhaul.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here