Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even Poyet thinks we sold Bridcutt too cheap

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Poyet also thinks that he was sacked live on TV - means nothing.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Poyet is a media junky who will use it to maximum effect in his favour. If in the process he can twist the knife on old enemy's all the better.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For crying out loud, he's talking to the local newspaper. Were you expecting him to tell the Echo he thinks the player is overpriced?

Sometimes I think people on here purposely hunt for things to criticise.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What would you expect him to say. £3.25+add ons for a defensive player for a team in a relegation battle.

We've done well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bridcutt is a defensive midfielder who wanted out.

I think the fee is just about right, and will look better still come the end of the season. Bigger fees are quoted for those who contribute more goals, or who are very young still (Will Hughes for example).

That is because we sold him too cheap.

How the hell do you know that?

First of all, like everyone else on here, you have no idea what we sold him for.

Secondly, again like everyone else on here, including me, you have no real idea of a player's worth. You might think he's worth X million but that's just your largely uninformed opinion, you don't know for sure. And you don't know the ins and the outs of the contract either.

The people who do know are the people who are making the decisions, and I for one trust them to get it right.

They won't get it right every time but they'll get a right a lot more than you and I will, just picking figures out of the air.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You'd think he'd say "Bridcutt is a risk at this level, we've probably overpaid, but we'll see how we get on" to the local press wouldn't you!?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
For crying out loud, he's talking to the local newspaper. Were you expecting him to tell the Echo he thinks the player is overpriced?

Or maybe he genuinely shares the opinion of the majority of Albion supporters that they got him for a ridiculously good price

Not the first time we have let players leave on the cheap. Bennett springs to mind most recently

We could actually learn a lot from teams like Southampton and dare I say it Palace. Why are they able to hold out for the right price and yet we are incapable?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How the hell do you know that?

First of all, like everyone else on here, you have no idea what we sold him for.

Secondly, again like everyone else on here, including me, you have no idea of a player's worth. You might think he's worth X million but you don't know, you don't know the ins and the outs of the contract either.

The people who do know are the people who are making the decisions, and I for one trust to get it right.

They won't get it right every time but they'll get a right a lot more than you and I will, just picking figures out of the air.

Poyet BOUGHT him and knows that we sold him too cheap. I know poyet is poyet, but he is right, and he obviously knows that liam is worth a lot more than he paid for him otherwise he wouldnt have said it. If he sold bridcutt tomorrow can you imagine him accepting £2.5m? If there is one person i would trust with valuing a player, it would be his former manager.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

But why would he mention his price if he thought that he'd paid the right amount? He's got a bargain and he knows it.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
What would you expect him to say. £3.25+add ons for a defensive player for a team in a relegation battle.

We've done well.

I keep seeing this £3.25m + add ons on nsc, but everywhere in the media just seems to be saying £2.5m, have I missed something?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But did he need to make that comment at all? Feels like bitterness to me......

We haven't signed Stephens and then said to The Argus, "oh and he's a bargain". Just feels any comment is unnecessary and slightly churlish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I keep seeing this £3.25m + add ons on nsc, but everywhere in the media just seems to be saying £2.5m, have I missed something?

Argus reported £3.25m with addons that could take it to £4m.

I am sure we turned down £2.5m early in the window, so not sure what would change to make us accept that.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If £2.5m is the figure then it is awful business on our end, whichever way you look at it. Local rag or not, it is an absolute steal for Sunderland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here