Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika, Rodriguez and Stephens...

Kevin1024

Jan 15, 2012
I have not read the whole thread. Iwelcome all the new players but we seem to have 2 Spanish Dave.s, willthe latest be Dave dos!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Too much doom and gloom on this thread. We've actually done bloody well so far this season in spite of many negative factors. I think the new players will improve the team and may help to get us into the play-offs. Don't forget we've kept Buckley and CMS is due back (and Hoskins who, if fully repaired, could make a significant contribution at the business end of the season). Our biggest loss is not Barnes or Bridcutt it's Crofts and hopefully a combination of Ince and Stephens will compensate. I think we've done ok in thus window, have some ££s left over in the pot and can supplement with decent loan signings. The glass in fact us very much half full.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Too much doom and gloom on this thread. We've actually done bloody well so far this season in spite of many negative factors. I think the new players will improve the team and may help to get us into the play-offs. Don't forget we've kept Buckley and CMS is due back (and Hoskins who, if fully repaired, could make a significant contribution at the business end of the season). Our biggest loss is not Barnes or Bridcutt it's Crofts and hopefully a combination of Ince and Stephens will compensate. I think we've done ok in thus window, have some ££s left over in the pot and can supplement with decent loan signings. The glass in fact us very much half full.

Totally agree. I posted on another thread that I have 2 friends who are STH at Charlton and they are gutted that Stephens has left them. Ince is getting better and better with each game and Solly is just starting to break through. There is real competition and a team spirit growing - a very exciting combination.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bridcutt wanted to go and put in a transfer request. Barnes would not sign a new deal and so we had to cash in. El Abd wanted first team football and moved on.
Crofts unfortunately got an injury and so Stephens has been brought in to replace and perhaps play alongside Crofts next season. Ince is on the up and will replace Bridcutt, something that would have seemed unheard of a few months ago.
Rodriguez has not been signed permanently as firstly he may not fit in, and secondly CMS and Hoskins will hopefully be fit for next season, so that makes sense.
We have Ward on loan and if he is not kept, then Chicksen looks a fair deputy.
If you sign many players on fairly long contracts and you do get to the promised land, then you could be stuck with them when you need to improve the squad.
Lest we forget that TB put 100m into a new stadium, since the first season at the Amex we have gone from no internationals to about five.
Onto the Academy, and forward thinking, another 30m pumped in.
A bit of patience, twas a 5 year plan.....nearly 3 years in.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Sound signings, save your judgement first and you won't be disappointed.
They weren't signed just for fun.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Bridcutt wanted to go and put in a transfer request. Barnes would not sign a new deal and so we had to cash in. El Abd wanted first team football and moved on.
Crofts unfortunately got an injury and so Stephens has been brought in to replace and perhaps play alongside Crofts next season. Ince is on the up and will replace Bridcutt, something that would have seemed unheard of a few months ago.
Rodriguez has not been signed permanently as firstly he may not fit in, and secondly CMS and Hoskins will hopefully be fit for next season, so that makes sense.
If you sign many players on fairly long contracts and you do get to the promised land, then you could be stuck with them when you need to improve the squad.
Lest we forget that TB put 100m into a new stadium, since the first season at the Amex we have gone from no internationals to about five.

Far too much sense for most of the football manager children or intelligent people whove posted here.....

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Soulman, the true voice of reason on NSC.
Patience is a virtue and BHA are well on track and I can't wait for fantastic times ahead.
Moving south in anticipation !

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Soulman, the true voice of reason on NSC.
Patience is a virtue and BHA are well on track and I can't wait for fantastic times ahead.
Moving south in anticipation !

It's great, really enjoying the journey. If supporters can not see and appreciate the improvement and the infrastructure and the future being put in place.....then they will one day wake up.
Til then, most will bide their time, enjoy themselves, be patient.......and support.........see you at Watford. :)

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we already have a fairly talented and well balanced squad, we just need to be more positive, especially at at home and set out to win games and not just try to not get beaten.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Totally agree. I posted on another thread that I have 2 friends who are STH at Charlton and they are gutted that Stephens has left them. Ince is getting better and better with each game and Solly is just starting to break through. There is real competition and a team spirit growing - a very exciting combination.

I can sort of go with that. It's principally the lack of firepower that bothers me.

Then again Obika's record is one start- one goal, so despite early appearances, you never know what he might do. And it is a small thrill to see the likes of March, Ince and, when it's his sort of game, JFC coming in and doing well.

I really wish there had been another striker coming in. But apart from that...I'm fairly relaxed about things. I don't think we're under a lot of pressure this season, despite the stated wish of the board to finish in the top six

Could do with a win on Sunday though, please.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Obika and Stephens are signings that could've been made when we were in League One. Such a shame watching clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley sign Sharp and Frimpong yet them two players would be good signings for a club like us.

We are not going for promotion get used to it

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I get the feeling we could have spent 40-50 million on a couple of more players and then the threads would read we're wasting our money and overstretching or over estimating our ability. Instead, our club has bought in a couple of some ones for a couple of bob short of loose change, so let's assassinate our chances of competing at this level.
People, I know it's scary going into the unknown but let's give them the chance to see what they can do for a few weeks.....then we can slag 'em off afterwards

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm a little bit pissed, admittedly, and am also pissed off with how this window has panned out.

Let's all talk about how we were signing **** players years ago and how lucky we are. Maybe we could bring up the fact we 'nearly went out of existence' nigh on 20 years ago. Both great excuses for not moving any further forward as a football club.

I'm starting to think Poyet was right; maybe we have hit the ceiling. Call me a 'bedwetter' all you want- it's not as if I want to feel this way, I love feeling optimistic about our future and to dream of Brighton being back in the big time- but I seriously think we are going to begin regressing very soon.

We won't make the play-offs this season, and the fact I now think that way makes me feel ****ing terrible.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm a little bit pissed, admittedly, and am also pissed off with how this window has panned out.

Let's all talk about how we were signing **** players years ago and how lucky we are. Maybe we could bring up the fact we 'nearly went out of existence' nigh on 20 years ago. Both great excuses for not moving any further forward as a football club.

I'm starting to think Poyet was right; maybe we have hit the ceiling. Call me a 'bedwetter' all you want- it's not as if I want to feel this way, I love feeling optimistic about our future and to dream of Brighton being back in the big time- but I seriously think we are going to begin regressing very soon.

We won't make the play-offs this season, and the fact I now think that way makes me feel ****ing terrible.

Exactly how i feel and well put.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Couldn't agree more SM (I don't say that very often :))

The future's bright, the future's Brighton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Almost as pathetic as churning out the wanky 'bedwetters' phrase when anyone dares suggest the windows has been a let down?
It just seems to fit so well. It's one thing to be disappointed, and to have hoped for more, but some of the over-reacting is incredible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here