Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika, Rodriguez and Stephens...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I know we may have expected more but my view now is cast your mind back to who we were signing 5 years ago.

What are your thoughts?

Still time to go...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Obika and Stephens are signings that could've been made when we were in League One. Such a shame watching clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley sign Sharp and Frimpong yet them two players would be good signings for a club like us.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Doesn't exactly get you running to the club shop, shirt in hand to have the name printed on the back does it??? Stephens seems a solid enough signing, Rodney could be anything and Obika, well the jury is still out on that one...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Team five years ago after a 4-2 home defeat to Peterborough.

Sullivan, Hinshelwood, McNulty, Virgo, Elphick (Fraser 86), El-Abd, Jarrett (McLeod 89), Carole (Cox 77), Forster, Davies, Andrew.
Subs Not Used: Kuipers, Livermore.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cant understand why we weren't in for Frimpong.

Palacios would be good, but unlikely. Crofts injury meant we had to get a midfielder so Stephens is welcome.

But other than that, quite underwhelmed.......

Perhaps new Spanish Dave will be a gem.......

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Cant understand why we weren't in for Frimpong.

Palacios would be good, but unlikely. Crofts injury meant we had to get a midfielder so Stephens is welcome.

But other than that, quite underwhelmed.......

Perhaps new Spanish Dave will be a gem.......

Frimpong is a fruit cake trust me no good. Will be more trouble than he is worth aka Razak!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure I get the argument about look where we were. Yes we have come a long way but should that stop you hoping for more. For me we have gone backwards in the window. As you say Obika is a back up at best and the new striker, well it is a guess to how well he will settle. Stephens is okay but we have lost crofts and bridcutt from that area and are a central defensive injury or suspension away from relying on dunk who has a long way to go to recapture his form of two years ago.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Frimpong is a fruit cake trust me no good. Will be more trouble than he is worth aka Razak!

Ok, don't know him so will go with your assessment.

Still would like a marquee signing. The Middlesboro winger perhaps.....

Certainly not the end of the world though

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Obika and Stephens are signings that could've been made when we were in League One. Such a shame watching clubs like Doncaster and Barnsley sign Sharp and Frimpong yet them two players would be good signings for a club like us.

Sharp hates the South and Frimpong is one of the most overrated players in recent times. The fact he signed for Barnsley says it all.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hate threads like this. We have moved on so what is the point in looking back? Do Swansea and Hull fans keep referring to there old days when they were at the Vetch and Boothferry park?

Most Albion fans appreciate our past and troubles but i expect most now just want to move with the times.

This window has been a let down(to date). It's that simple.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I hate threads like this. We have moved on so what is the point in looking back? Do Swansea and Hull fans keep referring to there old days when they were at the Vetch and Boothferry park?

Most Albion fans appreciate our past and troubles but i expect most now just want to move with the times.

Of course, we cant keep banging on about the past.

BUT, the bedwetting on here about not spending money and saying that our season is over, no ambition etc is just pathetic.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
People need to stop living in the past, it's getting boring

With regards to Frimpong, there's a reason Barnsley are the only team in for him, why not Forest? Leeds? Reading? Because he's a nut job who isn't worth the hassle

Same with Sharp, there's a reason they go to the lower end

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Of course, we cant keep banging on about the past

BUT, the bedwetting on here about not spending money and saying that our season is over, no ambition etc is just pathetic.

Almost as pathetic as churning out the wanky 'bedwetters' phrase when anyone dares suggest the windows has been a let down?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Almost as pathetic as churning out the wanky 'bedwetters' phrase when anyone dares suggest the windows has been a let down?

The "wanky" fickleness of our fans is even more pathetic. 1 day "Were going to make the play-offs". Next day "Our season is over and the club is joke".

Just because QPR, Forest, Bournemuff etc are throwing away money - why should we ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6166828 said:
Wrong, Albert was signed 10 years ago. Jason was signed 5 years ago.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was just remembering the man mountain from the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here