Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hate to say it,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But I think Poyet has pulled off a great bit of business for Sunderland, if Cattermole goes to Stoke. Bridcutt is probably a better player, with no discipline issues and probably on less wages. Bet they get more then £2.5m or £3m or whatever the truth is as well.....Pisses you off a bit!!!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great bit of business considering we paid nothing for him

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
great bit of business considering we paid nothing for him

That's not the point though is it??? Just because we paid nothing for him, doesn't mean anything we get over £2m is a bonus. We signed Dean Saunders for nothing but it wasn't great business selling him for £60k.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not a bit, we get a record deal for a freebie player who doesn't want to be here and unless Sunderland buy another player they've replaced an experienced midfielder with a player who's hardly played this season and has no premier league experience.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But I think Poyet has pulled off a great bit of business for Sunderland, if Cattermole goes to Stoke. Bridcutt is probably a better player, with no discipline issues and probably on less wages. Bet they get more then £2.5m or £3m or whatever the truth is as well.....Pisses you off a bit!!!!!!

Not for a player who has a 0.006 goal ratio, I think we were lucky that someone was desperate to have him and this has been a fantastic deal for us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's not the point though is it??? Just because we paid nothing for him, doesn't mean anything we get over £2m is a bonus. We signed Dean Saunders for nothing but it wasn't great business selling him for £60k.

wish to God I could get something for nothing and get 3m or even 60k for it
the point is that the fee is in the eyes of the buyer and the seller

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not for a player who has a 0.006 goal ratio, I think we were lucky that someone was desperate to have him and this has been a fantastic deal for us.

He's a holding midfielder for christs sake. His goal ratio is ENTIRELY irrelevant.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There getting 5million for Cattermole apparently!

Whatever shite Poyet is spouting, we all know Bridcutt is a direct replacement for Cattermole. Or anyone with half a brain does. That was my point, sell Cattermole for £5m whos probably on £50k a week and sign Bridcutt for £3m on probably £30k a week....Good deal for them...Bloody hope they go down!!!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think you're right, but Saunders is a different time and slightly different as we were strapped, with little choice.

IF it was £2.5m then its ridiculous, but it may be around £4m including add-on's, the trouble is if Cattermole goes for £5m - £6m, like you I'll be a bit miffed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Whatever shite Poyet is spouting, we all know Bridcutt is a direct replacement for Cattermole. Or anyone with half a brain does. That was my point, sell Cattermole for £5m whos probably on £50k a week and sign Bridcutt for £3m on probably £30k a week....Good deal for them...Bloody hope they go down!!!!!

Yes, hope Man City get 6 in the Cup Final as well. Is Bridcutt ineligible, I cant remember if he played v Newport.

I hope they go down as well but finish above Palace.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I'm trying to work out why your pissed off when your main points seem to be based on the word 'probably'?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He has been pretty rubbish for the half dozen games he has played this season so imo it's us that have got a great deal as we can sign players who want to play for us.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Of course it's probably a good deal for them, it's called good management!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
SSN Now reporting Cattermole is going nowhere. Could cause a few problems on the training ground. Cattermole will probably try and take Bridcutt out in training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here