Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is that it then?

Are we done for the day?

• Total voters

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1m
Rodriguez may be it for the day. Asked David Burke if he expects anything more? "No, not really. Nothing significant." #bhafc

Well, could be a quiet Friday night now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If that means no Buckley out, then I'm happy to call time.

Baird is a free agent, so there is no particular rush if we want him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If that's the case it'll be HUGE disappointment :lol:
Sell a centre back, striker and two times player of the season for £4m+ and replace with Stephens and a freebie from the Spanish second division :lol: OOOH just feel the determination to get promoted, PLR? :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kaz is fit and we've no idea if Buckley is close to fitness, I won't be upset if we don't bring anyone else in today nice though it would be, we'll probably pull of a high profile loan like we did with Upson last year in the loan window. Absolutely no need to panic imo, we are in a much better place than we were at the beginning of the season. We've done Ok so far haven't we?

The above is assuming that nobody else is leaving of course.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Still 2 signings short IMHO. AEA replacement and, effectively, Conway replacement. Not good if that's true.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Joke if we don't bring in another wide player.

Why? Have we lost one?

We have KLL, Buckley and March (and Monakana as back up), in the 'fast/direct' category, and David Lopez and Orlandi in the 'drift about/pick a pass' category. CMS and the David Rodriguez can play the 'out wide stiker', off Ulloa.

What kind of wide player are we desperately missing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still 2 signings short IMHO. AEA replacement and, effectively, Conway replacement. Not good if that's true.

I'm not convinced Dunk can't cover AEA, all he needs is some game time.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Have to admit, it would be a bit disappointing not to get anyone else in, and can't see it as an improvement on what we had before christmas. We are down Conway (loan expired), Crofts (injured), Barnes, AEL and Bridcutt (sold). Stephens and Rodriguez in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have to admit, it would be a bit disappointing not to get anyone else in, and can't see it as an improvement on what we had before christmas. We are down Conway (loan expired), Crofts (injured), Barnes, AEL and Bridcutt (sold). Stephens and Rodriguez in.

Broadly, I'd agree, except that:

1. You've not counted Monakana
2. If we are 'down' Crofts, then we are 'up' CMS.
3. You've not listed Obika

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
If that is it then I think we've come out ok.

Lost and found....

Bridcutt - Well we really hadn't had him this season anyway have we...injured and then 'not focused', good luck Liam, you deserve your shot in the Prem and it looks like Gus will keep Sunderland up.
Barnes - Big Loss in my opinion but we have bought in 2 Strikers (Obika and David) and have CMS and Hoskins back in a month or so. None are direct Barnes replacements but a match sharp Ulloa is better
Crofts - Big blow but hopefully Dale Stephens will provide good cover
El-Abd - Not replaced as yet but we have Dunk in the short term and could always get a loan if Upson or Greer gets injured

All in all weve protected our position, I wouldnt say weve gone for promotion this season but the gradual building process continues and is more sustainable.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If that's the case it'll be HUGE disappointment :lol:
Sell a centre back, striker and two times player of the season for £4m+ and replace with Stephens and a freebie from the Spanish second division :lol: OOOH just feel the determination to get promoted, PLR? :lol:

Agree totally. I am not sure that Stephens and a short term deal for a striker who will need time to settle can be considered a successful window or indeed leaving the squad in a better position than pre window. And I don't agree if the excuse re time is used since we all knew Bridcutt would go, just a question of when. If that is it I consider it a poor performance from the club and puts concern in place for the summer when we have a large number out of contract.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Broadly, I'd agree, except that:

1. You've not counted Monakana
2. If we are 'down' Crofts, then we are 'up' CMS.

Fair point about crofts and cms, although cms is still not match fit.

I also forgot Lita out and Obika in.

Monakana is not championship quality at the moment. Mate is a big PNE fan and said Monakana has lots of potential but not good enough for the PNE team in league one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here