Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flower set to quit as England head coach

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Apparently, Paul Downton, managing director of England Cricket, sacked him following our dismal tour of Australia. Cue more miserable shots of Flower. Has anyone ever seen him smile?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sacked, not quit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder if Robbo would be in the frame. That is a coaching exchange I'd like to happen!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, that's definetely the reason, I can't think of anything he's done wrong recently

You might sneer, but vulture has a point. Three weeks ago he was quoted as saying "either KP goes or I do". As if Flower was in any position to make such demands - or has he not noticed the most feeble tour of Australia EVER was on his watch?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wonder where this leaves Cook. He worked closely with Flower, as part of the Essex mafia and he's no member of the KP fan club either. Figjam could have two scalps here

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC quoting that he is " Leaving " his post. Did he jump or more likely was he pushed ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You might sneer, but vulture has a point. Three weeks ago he was quoted as saying "either KP goes or I do". As if Flower was in any position to make such demands - or has he not noticed the most feeble tour of Australia EVER was on his watch?

I was being sarcastic, aren't you agreeing with me and disagreeing with vulture?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was being sarcastic, aren't you agreeing with me and disagreeing with vulture?
I think I'm agreeing with you both.

If he goes, then he has lost his argument with KP, primarily because as you point out, he is responsible for this utter shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here