Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undisclosed Fee ?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Surely clubs should tell the fans how much of their money they have spent on players, and how much is coming in from selling key players.

In the 80's and 90's the fans knew every figure.

What changed? and why?

It's not as if season ticket holders pay an undisclosed fee is it?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I'd love to tell you the reason for this, but I'm afraid that I can't disclose it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Albion are a private company. They don't have to disclose anything in terms of transfer fees apart from when annual accounts are concerned.

Doesn't bother me at all. In reality, we all know what the fees are, I officially at least. Why worry?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I expect clubs won't want the pressure of fans demanding signings after a big sale, one of many reasons for undisclosed fees.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
of course it's the fans business......without the fans there is no 'business.'
So I should be able to go into a shop and ask what the cost prices of all their goods are, because I'm a customer, and without customers they'd have no business? No, don't be silly.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You don't go into Costa and ask how much they payed for the beans to make the coffee.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I agree, glad the OP raised this. Surprised how many people say its not our business.

I think fees paid should be very transparent, for lots of reasons. Financial Fair Play, for example. Or third party ownership (see Tevez and Maschareno). Or agents fees.

In fact, why keep it quiet?? Why not say what you paid or what you received? No reason to hide it, shurely. Can`t be that embarassing....can it? Gotta come clean with the Inland Revenue at some point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree, glad the OP raised this. Surprised how many people say its not our business.

I think fees paid should be very transparent, for lots of reasons. Financial Fair Play, for example. Or third party ownership (see Tevez and Maschareno). Or agents fees.

In fact, why keep it quiet?? Why not say what you paid or what you received? No reason to hide it, shurely. Can`t be that embarassing....can it? Gotta come clean with the Inland Revenue at some point.

It's really quite simple and it's been explained a number of times. If a club who you are purchasing a player off of, know exactly how much you've sold a player for, they may and probably would demand more money if it was a higher fee than was reported.

Dec 29, 2011
Are the cub too embarrassed, to say LB went too cheap?

BBC say £3m..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25962211

The problem with transfers is people fail to distinguish between the basic fee and the fee with addons. It starts out at £2.5m + add ons. So the BBC round this up to £3m as a ball park figure. Then some fans see the BBC article, remember we have 500k add ons and make it £3m + addons.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Surely clubs should tell the fans how much of their money they have spent on players, and how much is coming in from selling key players.

What changed? and why?

It's annoying isn't it, I'd like to know the transfer fees. However, you have to see it from the club's perspective, the less other clubs know about your previous transfer dealings the more room for negociation you have in future dealings.

Also, I think you are getting the concept of a fan mixed up with being a shareholder. You pay your season ticket money to watch 23 games of football and it's your choice whether you renew.

Aug 23, 2011

i'm sure the FA and other parties that monitor these dealings to prevent foul play know how much the fee was. It isn't really our business, we choose to support the club and any money we pay does not go directly to player signings so its irrelevant. If you buy a match ticket you are buying the opportunity to watch brighton kick a ball about, there is no stipulation on who those players are or even if they are any good in your contract with the club

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's really quite simple and it's been explained a number of times. If a club who you are purchasing a player off of, know exactly how much you've sold a player for, they may and probably would demand more money if it was a higher fee than was reported.

I get that.......so report it when the transfer window closes. I do find it difficult to understand why poeple are arguing for less transparency.

What changed? and why?

I think you are forgetting the missing cup final millions,in the dark about that.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here