Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we realistically only chasing 6th place?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
With Forest in 5th winning tonight and now 7 points ahead of us are we and a whole clutch of others chasing the last playoff spot? I think we will have to go on a tremendous run to haul them in.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If we get 73 or more points we will be close. We just need to worry about ourselves

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
As a dispassionate outsider you've got to be looking for a play-off spot now, at least two of the top five sides will stay ahead for the automatic places. Just get ready to go back to Wembers...

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We are going to fall short of the automatics, but I think we can finish anywhere from 4th to 6th.

I think that on paper, although that supposedly counts for nothing, we are as good as Burnley, Derby and Ipswich. Those 3 teams have managers who will organise the team impeccably but when it comes down to the sheer firepower and size of the squads of QPR, Leicester, Nottingham Forest and Reading I believer they will fall away. I look at the table and below us I am just not worried about a single team. Wigan are dangerous but Garcia is doing such an outstanding job in making us hard to beat away from home that if we can be more clinical at home 6th place is a real possibility.

I just look at out team though and feel it is disjointed and will still feel the Gus hangover until the end of the summer transfer window. The defence is ageing, the midfield is a fantastic unit yet unsettled and despite the incredibly promising performances of Forster-Caskey, Ince and March are they ready to play in the Prem? All sections of our team would need a massive overhaul. Two more season in the Championship would set us in good stead to succeed in the Prem.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need 75 points for a sporting chance.

Leicester
QPR
--------------
Forest
Derby
Burnley

and one out of Ipswich, Brighton, Middlesbro, Reading, Wigan.

9/1 to go up.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Can see Burnley having a proper wobble and falling away

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Agree the squad needs a complete overhaul. If I was in OG shoes based on what I've seen this season I would be letting a number of first teamers move on in the summer:

Greer- great servant but Dunk can adequately step up alongside Upson

Spanish Dave- not been impressed at all this season

Andrews- Ok a loanee but I wouldn't be seeking further services come what may

Orlandi- whilst I rate him I really feel that it's time to evolve our style to include some more pace particularly in midfield. We are so slow and predictable going forward it's painful. Okay maybe I've been a tad harsh, could still do a job from the bench I suppose.

Lua Lua- promises so much but delivers so little. His final delivery is so poor and frustrating. Just doesn't do enough for me. Sell him to Huddersfield.

Hoskins- we've not had him as a player for the past two and a half years so won't be missed

I think we would be foolish to not sign Stephen Ward. Big shoes to fill when he signed and he's been more than up to it.

I could go on to be honest but you get the point. The squad seems massively disjointed (ok not helped by injuries) and I definitely feel like we need a big over haul in the summer. If I'm honest,and perhaps I'm being harsh again, but I've just found this season a little bit boring if truth be told.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here