Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
john-l229-1299229_478x359.jpg

Donoghue giving instructions from the touchline

PUBLISHED
17:00 30th January 2014
by James Hilsum
We’ll be going into the game stronger than last week as there are more players available."
John Donoghue
Albion women take on Charlton this Sunday at Withdean, kick-off 2pm.Head coach John Donoghue is looking forward to facing the Addicks for the first time this season and* told seagulls.co.uk, “It will be refreshing to face a team we’ve not played before, and Charlton have got a great history in terms of women’s football.
“I remember the first team I managed, Southampton Saints, played against them and I think a young Fara Williams was in their squad at the time.
“We’ll be going into the game stronger than last week as there are more players available.
“I’m very pleased with their fitness and all of them have excelled in their strength and conditioning work.
“We’ve been helped by having already played two games this month, whereas other teams haven’t been able to play at all due to the weather.”
Donoghue looks set to give Rebecca Merritt her debutafter her move from West Ham and believes she will become a great addition to the squad.
He added, “She’ll have a calming influence and is very controlled on the ball. Her experience in this league will be invaluable to us.
“She’s trained really well and seems to have encompassed all we’re asking her to do.
“It’s been good that we’ve had her in for several training sessions before she’s been eligible to play, so she has been able to integrate fully into the team.”
Cherelle Khassal is set to return to the squad following an illness, while Charley Boswell has been cleared to train again following a thigh injury and may be included.
There is free entry for all season-ticket holders and under-16s, while admission for non season-ticket holders is £2.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here