Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail - Landslip Between Bexhill & Hastings. Any Insider Info?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There has been a landslip between Bexhill and Hastings stations today. Bus Replacement Service in operation.

My daughter had a long disrupted journey home tonight and has to get to Lewes again from Hastings tomorrow.

I know the likes of Ernest & Beach Hut have their ear to the ground on Southern news and rail info in general. So, any idea if services are likely to be back to normal by tomorrow morning or not?, as no indication on Southern's site so far.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have heard a 10ft hole has opened up underneath the tracks between Bexhill and St Leonards - cant see it being a quick fix.

Buses running between Bexhill and Hastings, trains running either side of those stations.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I drove over that about an hour before it shut and saw nothing. Must have happened very quickly. Sorry, no idea if it will be fixed overnight or not but I have my doubts.
If it keeps raining like this, disruption will keep getting worse, water levels are very high close to the tracks and some of the banks by the tracks look quite precarious. Plus expect a few more trees to come down tomorrow evening if the forecast is to be believed. No doubt to be followed by more abuse.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Have heard a 10ft hole has opened up underneath the tracks between Bexhill and St Leonards - cant see it being a quick fix.

Buses running between Bexhill and Hastings, trains running either side of those stations.

As much as I moan about them, they have had not much luck with the weather.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey!, 10 ft hole under the tracks! :eek:

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, given the amount of rain we've had and the terrain between Hastings & Bexhill.

Think I'll play it safe and give her a lift to Bexhill station tomorrow as I can tie that in to a work run and Hastings - Bexhill bus replacement journeys always take forever even when it's not rush hour time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As much as I moan about them, they have had not much luck with the weather.

Exactly.

My daughter hasn't moaned about the disruption and nor will I. Some things just can't be helped, and a bit of travel disruption is as nothing compared to the poor buggers that have had their homes flooded in other parts of the country this winter.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Isn't the end of the world for rail travellers. Depending on your time of travel along Bexhill road.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I heard there was a landslip at Battle closing the line North too.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I wouldn't mind that. When I'm home in Hastings I don't feel the need to be in the rest of Sussex. (Apart from in Lewes on match days of course!)

Edit: meant to quote [MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's hoped to be fixed and opened again in the morning

Ok Ernest, thanks.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if disruptions do go on for a bit due to the weather and the nature of the land on that stretch. That's sterling work if they can fix it all up overnight. Think I'll still play it safe for now by giving her a lift to Bexhill tomorrow anyway seeing as the option is available.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm hoping to take advantage of an Albion free Saturday and take the Mrs down to Canterbury to visit eldest g'daughter. Will be doing the Brighton/Ashford so I'm hoping things will be OK. If not, there's another blank Saturday on the 15th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here