Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds takeover collapse

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I see Sky are reporting that the takeover of Leeds has collapsed. ???

Oh dear.

Ross McCormick anyone? :smile:

My neighbour over the road is an ardent Leeds fan and says McCormack will leave Elland Road tomorrow , despite West Ham saying they won't make an improved offer it is believed Big Sam will be back for a second nibble knowing that the consortium have pulled out and GFH don't want to shell out any funds for McDermott to bring in new players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Don't Leeds get taken over once a fortnight?

It's been quite a joy this transfer window watching Leeds fans thinking they're in the running for all sorts of players, only to discover to their horror that either they're nowhere near being in the running, or that they're being outbid by teams they consider far beneath them. Like Burnley & Huddersfield.

It's sort of like NSC, but with even greater expectations/ delusions of grandeur.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't Leeds get taken over once a fortnight?

It's been quite a joy this transfer window watching Leeds fans thinking they're in the running for all sorts of players, only to discover to their horror that either they're nowhere near being in the running, or that they're being outbid by teams they consider far beneath them. Like Burnley & Huddersfield.

It's sort of like NSC, but with even greater expectations/ delusions of grandeur.

It's tearing them apart, poor loves. I chat to a couple of decent Leeds fans on twitter & they're in despair. That opening day win in front of 33k is a LONG way off now.

modulate

Nov 23, 2013
This has been rumbling for a while. Lots of talk of some Italian guy with fraud and embezzlement convictions being in the running and having shown Festa around the training complex with a view to taking the managers job.
There was talk earlier in the week of the owners having borrowed money of f Bates since they took over to pay wages

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Ross McCormack Saga 2012 was hilarious. Palace fans creaming themselves that he was signing for them , everything signed , sealed and delivered until .... my source in Yorkshire told me he wasn't going to Croydon. I spilled the beans on here and many Nigels said I was simply making it up. Less than 2 weeks later Palace had to admit talks had broken down. Four or five clubs had larger offers on the table plus the CMS swap deal all came to nothing when his agent engineered a new deal for him at Elland Road.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Leeds United takeover bid collapses.

Maybe Leeds are in trouble again after selling out to a bunch of Arabs?

Could not happen to a nicer club...!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...821/Leeds-United-takeover-deal-collapses.html

Could the Leeds United takeover end in Administration?

30/01/2014

The dreaded 'A' word has started to appear around Twitter today, and when Leeds United and Administration are mentioned in the same sentence, the blood starts pumping.

Before we look at the evidence, if you can call it that, let's just confirm what Administration is. When a company cannot pay a bill or debt, the person or company that are owed the money have the right to demand this business stops trading. It cannot afford its bills so shouldn't be allowed to continue to trade. A court demands the company cease to trade (Winding Up order) and takes possession of all of its assets to sell to pay back the creditors (liquidation).

A company has a right to protect itself from this, with a process called Administration. This is where the court appoints a team of Administrators to go in and find out what is going on - the Administrators have lots of options, such as renegotiating the debts, continuing to trade, sell part or all of the assets, or even sell the business to the highest bidder - and so on. They act in the best interest of the creditors but actively seek to keep the business going where possible.

So, back to Leeds United and the takeover. The Consortium looking to buy Leeds United is reported to have already invested over £6m into the club to help meet running costs. All quite normal and happy considering this was from the people expected to complete the purchase of the club.

As the deal looks to be struggling, it has been reported that Andrew Fisher, who last night hit out at GFH-C, has now walked away from the deal - and is demanding his money back. Alongside that rumour is the one citing that Massimo Cellino has taken his place in the consortium.

Now IF Andrew Fisher has walked away, and IF he is demanding his money back immediately (and IF he is legally entitled to do so) and IF GFH-C cannot raise the funds elsewhere to pay him, then he could look for a winding up order - IF he wanted to, and GFH could look to Administration for protection IF that was the right course of action to take place.

But that is a lot of IF's.

The source of these rumours is largely Twitter, which also showed me a cat riding a hoover - so is not the most reliable, and should be treated sceptically, but the fact is it remains possible - we just can't gauge how likely.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The Ross McCormack Saga 2012 was hilarious. Palace fans creaming themselves that he was signing for them , everything signed , sealed and delivered until .... my source in Yorkshire told me he wasn't going to Croydon. I spilled the beans on here and many Nigels said I was simply making it up. Less than 2 weeks later Palace had to admit talks had broken down. Four or five clubs had larger offers on the table plus the CMS swap deal all came to nothing when his agent engineered a new deal for him at Elland Road.

There really is no subject you can't tenuously link to Palace, is there? :)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

And it's turned out disastrously for us, hasn't it? Good player for an average side who can't score any goals, now let me think...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I hate Leeds as much as Palace please let this newspaper be true.....Back to league one..

Could the Leeds United takeover end in Administration?

30/01/2014

The dreaded 'A' word has started to appear around Twitter today, and when Leeds United and Administration are mentioned in the same sentence, the blood starts pumping.

Before we look at the evidence, if you can call it that, let's just confirm what Administration is. When a company cannot pay a bill or debt, the person or company that are owed the money have the right to demand this business stops trading. It cannot afford its bills so shouldn't be allowed to continue to trade. A court demands the company cease to trade (Winding Up order) and takes possession of all of its assets to sell to pay back the creditors (liquidation).

A company has a right to protect itself from this, with a process called Administration. This is where the court appoints a team of Administrators to go in and find out what is going on - the Administrators have lots of options, such as renegotiating the debts, continuing to trade, sell part or all of the assets, or even sell the business to the highest bidder - and so on. They act in the best interest of the creditors but actively seek to keep the business going where possible.

So, back to Leeds United and the takeover. The Consortium looking to buy Leeds United is reported to have already invested over £6m into the club to help meet running costs. All quite normal and happy considering this was from the people expected to complete the purchase of the club.

As the deal looks to be struggling, it has been reported that Andrew Fisher, who last night hit out at GFH-C, has now walked away from the deal - and is demanding his money back. Alongside that rumour is the one citing that Massimo Cellino has taken his place in the consortium.

Now IF Andrew Fisher has walked away, and IF he is demanding his money back immediately (and IF he is legally entitled to do so) and IF GFH-C cannot raise the funds elsewhere to pay him, then he could look for a winding up order - IF he wanted to, and GFH could look to Administration for protection IF that was the right course of action to take place.

But that is a lot of IF's.

The source of these rumours is largely Twitter, which also showed me a cat riding a hoover - so is not the most reliable, and should be treated sceptically, but the fact is it remains possible - we just can't gauge how likely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds like Leeds need to spend big, quick, to get to the promised land and get their hands on the cash. They might as well splash £20m, since if it doesn't work, it won't be their money they lose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The consortia waiting in the wings are only interested in fulfilling Ken Bates dream of adding a hotel with conference facilities at Elland Road , the football club is an afterthought.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Just had a quick look on their forum and the first thing I saw was

"Having trouble accessing your account"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here