Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Ince - Am I missing something?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
He is looking to go out on loan for the remainder of the season and at the end of the season he becomes a free agent. Why are Blackpool not selling him to cash in? As he obviously wants out, is it just a case of him telling Blackpool that he will not be sold to another club and that he will then be eligible for a chunky signing on fee in the summer or is there some other reason?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He is looking to go out on loan for the remainder of the season and at the end of the season he becomes a free agent. Why are Blackpool not selling him to cash in? As he obviously wants out, is it just a case of him telling Blackpool that he will not be sold to another club and that he will then be eligible for a chunky signing on fee in the summer or is there some other reason?

I imagine there will be a fee involved in taking him on loan now, in lieu of a transfer fee in the summer.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

probably the self acclaimed 'Guvnor' has got a lot to do with it....

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

It's quite simple really Ince wants out so Blackpool are open to negotiations. However, his contract is set to run and the clubs know Ince won't be staying at Blackpool and sign a new contract extension so they are just sitting and waiting for when he's a free agent so they save a shed load of money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you consider that they sacked his Dad by text, I imagine he is being pretty bloody minded as well as having obviously lost focus. Bit of a loose canon to have around the club I'd think and why should he agree to be sold for a fee when he can negotiate a massive signing on fee by being a free agent in the summer?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
At a guess, and with his contract expiring at the end of the season (which I think means he's allowed to start talking to foreign clubs) I imagine he's got a move lined up in the summer to go elsewhere. A professional he may be but after having seen his dad get sacked by text I'd be surprised if he was inclined to either leave B'pool now (and get some money in for them) or put too much effort in, meaning this is the only way they can get his wages taken care of until he leaves...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I imagine there will be a fee involved in taking him on loan now, in lieu of a transfer fee in the summer.

Potentially agreed a deal elsewhere at the end of the season?

Palace have paid a "very large" fee apparently for the loan but wouldn't be surprised if he went to Liverpool as a free agent in the summer. Guaranteed pretty much to start at Palace whereas he wouldn't be in the current Liverpool squad.

From what I hear as likeable a character as Paul. ???

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Reported that Palace have paid a hefty loan fee (aka transfer to end of season). Suits Ince as he won't then be at a championship club and can get a wacking great signing on fee. Blackpool had their hand forced as others (Swansea) refused to meet the loan fee. They presumably feel it beneficial to pay the signing on fee to him at the end of the season to secure him if he works out well at palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here