Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selecting numbers for the Lotto

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Do you keep the same numbers or rely on fate sometimes to pick your numbers?

I usually have the same numbers but this week i'm relying on picking my numbers from this list:-

http://http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/12/30/the-50-most-googled-female-athletes-of-2013/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mgid&utm_campaign=totalprosports.com&utm_term=12435&utm_content=1735960#2

I've gone for 8 , 9 , 16, 32, 33, 49

I should imagine that most would pick number 33 :drool: from this list and if anyone has number 19 then you are a wrong'un.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't do it. Tax on the foolish.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I do buy a ticket, I do lucky dip. If you have 'lucky numbers' there's a risk that you'll start playing every week in fear of the time you don't play being the time those numbers come up

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lucky dip is a load of bollocks. The numbers are always spread out.

I picked a few numbers at ramdom but did them so they weren't so uniformly spread through the range and use them if I buy a ticket. I don't often buy a ticket though as it's a bit of an idiot tax.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Definitely a lucky dip , tend to only do it when the Euromillions over £100 Million mind.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Very rarely do it but when I do I pick my own numbers, mainly consisting of higher numbers so IF I won there is less chance of others having them(most people chose birthdays)

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I picked my numbers out a hat before the first draw done them since something I regretted when they put the price up as I would have liked to drop it entirely.

If I invest £1000 a year in dreams by playing a lottery and it pays me back £5,000, 000 I am considered a fool?
If I invest £1000 a year at a compound interest rate of 2% I would be considered wise?
If I invest £50,000 in bank shares which at the time is considered a wise thing to do and that bank then needs state support to survive and my £1000 is only worth pennies would I be wise?

Life is a lottery you are only a fool if you expect to win and you are not in the ruling elite or if you don't take the opportunities that come your way for want of greed or dithering.

I don't expect to win the lottery but I do know one thing for certain if I don't enter (take the opportunity) I will not win it and if I do it will always be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here