Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton on Great Train Journeys this coming Fri..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
..For those interested..

The Royal Pavilion will be back on TV this Friday, as part of the BBC's Great Train Journeys. University of Sussex art historian and Pavilion researcher Alexandra Loske will explain how the arrival of the railway in 1840 triggered the end of the Pavilion's use as a royal palace.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, l'm looking forward to it, Michael is slowly making his way south, he was in the delightful town of Gravesend last night! Incidentally does anyone know the name of his tailor? I would love to purchase one of those colourful jackets that he wears.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah, l'm looking forward to it, Michael is slowly making his way south, he was in the delightful town of Gravesend last night! Incidentally does anyone know the name of his tailor? I would love to purchase one of those colourful jackets that he wears.

I think they are old school blazers? Certainly some of them are, Harrow School and the like. I love this program, could sit and watch it for hours. He is against all odds a very engaging presenter.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
This episode MAY feature ME in it as I saw him being filmed getting on a train at Shoreham and doing a bit to the camera as the train pulled in.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This episode MAY feature ME in it as I saw him being filmed getting on a train at Shoreham and doing a bit to the camera as the train pulled in.

Did you manage to get your broom out of shot in time ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Also includes Arundel Station, but now sure how this links with Brighton, it's a bugger to get to from Arundel!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Portillo is only coming to Brighton for a bit of bum.

The show is just a front.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think they are old school blazers? Certainly some of them are, Harrow School and the like. I love this program, could sit and watch it for hours. He is against all odds a very engaging presenter.
Isn't he just? I love all those 'Bradshaws' programmes he's done; they've all been surprisingly watchable. However they're all totally unrealistic; hopefully Friday will show a ranting Portillo on Victoria Station shouting "What do you mean the ****ing 18:44's been cancelled? That's the ****ing third time this week! What's the problem this time? Another ****ing power failure in the ****ing Balham area? Or more ****ing congestion caused by a ****ing broken-down train at East Croydon? Or perhaps it's those ****ing poxy signals in the ****ing Three Bridges area? ****ing useless *****!"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
12:19 Brighton (East Sussex) [BTN] London Victoria [VIC]

Southern service from Brighton (East Sussex) to London Victoria.

From London Victoria take the Victoria Line (Northbound, Platform 3) which is a direct service to Kings Cross St Pancras Underground Station.

East Coast service from London Kings Cross to Aberdeen.

Walk 16:51 Newcastle [NCL] Newcastle Central (Metro) [NCZ]

Train 17:06 Newcastle Central (Metro) [NCZ] Sunderland [SUN ]17:34

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Isn't he just? I love all those 'Bradshaws' programmes he's done; they've all been surprisingly watchable. However they're all totally unrealistic; hopefully Friday will show a ranting Portillo on Victoria Station shouting "What do you mean the ****ing 18:44's been cancelled? That's the ****ing third time this week! What's the problem this time? Another ****ing power failure in the ****ing Balham area? Or more ****ing congestion caused by a ****ing broken-down train at East Croydon? Or perhaps it's those ****ing poxy signals in the ****ing Three Bridges area? ****ing useless *****!"

I think you're confusing him with Tony Meola's Loan Spell

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Worth noting that he went to Harrow County Grammar not the public school. He was there with Clive Anderson and Diane Abbott.

And do you know why so many Chinese people live in Harrow? Because when they get in a taxi at Heathrow, the taxi driver says "hello mate, where to?" and the Chinese all say "Harrow!"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

...and then he boards a rail replacement bus.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

mmmm yes some of his blazers undoubtably are, some of his jackets are brightly coloured though, he was wearing at least three different ones in yesterdays programme alone, blue, pink, and violet. Don't worry, l'll stay well clear of the pink one.

And yes, l love Michael Portillo as a presenter, somewhat less keen on him as a politician though.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Thought he was brave when he visited Merthyr when he was in South Wales. They love Tories up there!

Really enjoyed the one when he went across northern Spain. I really have to go to San Sebastian.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here