Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
merritt-29jan14-ld229-1326550_478x359.jpg

Rebecca Merritt Studio Shot

PUBLISHED
12:00 30th January 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m determined to make it a good debut and hopefully help to get us the result I know we can achieve. "
Rebecca Merritt
Rebecca Merritt cannot wait to put on an Albion shirt for the first time, as she looks set to make her debut against Charlton this Sunday at Withdean.
Merritt completed her move from West Ham last week and is hoping to make an immediate impact in the side.She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really excited to get on the pitch with the girls. I’m determined to make it a good debut and hopefully help to get us the result I know we can achieve.
“Training has been top drawer. The technical side of things has been a real step-up to be honest and there’s a great mix of knowledge in the team. The girls are very good at demanding high standards from each other and hopefully that will transfer onto the pitch.
“It will be a feisty game as they’re a good team and well-organised, so I think it will be a battle of the midfields.
“Both midfields have a lot of talent and experience and I think that’s where the game will be won. I think it will be a game of few chances, but the winners will ultimately be more clinical.
“Individually I’d like get on the scoresheet and make things happen as often as I can. Collectively the goal is to win the game, so it will be up to all of us to make sure that happens.”
The forward is also excited at the prospect of playing regularly at Withdean, with the surface being conducive to free-flowing football.
“It will be phenomenal to play at Withdean; I always looked forward to playing Brighton away as an opposition player because it has such a fantastic pitch.
“When you play on such a great pitch it allows you to play a more fluid game and not worry about the ball bouncing off uneven ground or hitting any dodgy areas, so I’m massively excited to be playing there all the time.”
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here