Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca attendence....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Only got 25,500 at home to Levente. :eek:

I'm not bothered by attendeces at all, but if that happened over here their would be some serious concerns surely?

Does anyone know the reason behind this other than it was pooring down with rain, [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] maybe?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pissing down, poor opposition and the tie was basically over given that Barca were 4-1 up from the first leg.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In addition, the Copa del Rey in Spain is usually seen as an excuse to play youngsters, fringe players etc....so attendances for it at pretty much any club are substantially lower than for league games, particularly in the early rounds as the big sides are kept away from each other by the draw.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Pissing down, poor opposition and the tie was basically over given that Barca were 4-1 up from the first leg.

This. Add to that almost all the stadium is open air and it's really not that big of a draw. Not many people that support the "Big Two" care that much about the Copa Del Rey here until the semi or final. I live close to the Calderon and went to an early round game for 10€. That said, I've just paid 80€ for the Atleti - Real league game next month so the joke is on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here