Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Days Left of the Window and Still no News.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the Argus has today are interviews with concerned players. It looks like it's going to be a big disappointment but I hope I'm wrong.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Bloody ridiculous.

I have been against this quite frankly bullshit policy of man in suit buying players for Oscar to 'Approve'
I know some odious lump is going find a host of reasons to disagree but I there we are.

We must be at the pulling names out of a hat stage now

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If it turns out with no new players, then club will have shown thier hand... Sell players, not replace them is hardly inspirational. The season will quickly become a write off, but more importantly with ST prices about to be released it will make many people think twice...
We are asked to do our bit..buy ST, eat food, beer, buy programmes etc, we are told we have a better budget than last year, ( yet we have spent NO fees on anyone in 1st team since ulloa in January 2013)

All in all, it could turn out to be a very costly mistake....

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Used to disappointment now with the Albion. I feel the club have no ambition to go up this season either. Especially with the names we been linked with. Hardly makes a statement. Bar Wickham. But we all know how that's going to turn out. The same old BS about wages all the time.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I do hope we will be made to look a bit silly with these concerns come Friday night (myself included), however the wider issue for me is that a lack of signings/ambition now will make Koosh, Upson and the others out of contract less likely to sign another deal. We've enough rebuilding to do already but if you add on needing to replace those as well as Ward/Andrews/Obika then it's another big summer of change which we could do without.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Not if CMS and Hoskins can get fit rapidly, plus some from the dev squad I suppose.
It will show the players either lack of ambition, or faith in their abilities.

D

Deleted member 22389

Shouldn't be any reasons not to renew just because the club don't manage to get any players in or we don't get promoted. In fact by not renewing it just makes it more difficult for the club to progress next season.

Wish people would realise the only reason these other clubs are doing so well is because they are spending money they don't really have. I know what is more important at the end of day. Somebody is going to miss out this season and that is really going to impact on their finances and when FFP is applied there are going to be lots of supporters in bits, moaning at their club for over spending.

It's not the clubs fault either. These agents and player wages are ruining clubs. Look at it this way, If we sell Buckley, Bridcutt then we are going to have a sizeable budget for next season. If those reports are true Buckley 4 million, Bridcutt 3-4 millon, that is 7-8 million to invest in new players next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
3 hours after window shuts article comes out saying we had X of targets and bid on X amount of players but couldn't land any of them because it's a difficult process. Article ends with statement saying we are happy with the squad we have now and there are opportunities for some of the fringe players to step up and make claim for first team selection.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not if CMS and Hoskins can get fit rapidly, plus some from the dev squad I suppose.
It will show the players either lack of ambition, or faith in their abilities.

It's more likely to show the club lack ambition rather than the players.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It may also end like the January sales, with clubs realising that if they don't move they will have unhappy players still on their books,...............cough...............Bridcutt................cough!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
This has been the most disappointing and frustrating January transfer window I can remember - and we've had a few of those before.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if part of our apparent problem in recruiting players is because GP is no longer here - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should have kept him last May (that was clearly out of the question), but I do worry that we are not quite the attractive proposition for players that we once were when GP was here; although if players are primarily motivated by money, then the question of who the manager is may not be that important?

Can't help feeling that we're going to tread water for the rest of this season, and end up in about 9th or 10th place, with a major overhaul then necessary in the summer.

Hope I am proved wrong..............

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Used to disappointment now with the Albion. I feel the club have no ambition to go up this season either. Especially with the names we been linked with. Hardly makes a statement. Bar Wickham. But we all know how that's going to turn out. The same old BS about wages all the time.

Same old BS about wages? So we DON'T make a multi-million pound loss then - a bill that has to be picked up by Tony Bloom? Or are you volunteering to pay the wages of the new players?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This has been the most disappointing and frustrating January transfer window I can remember - and we've had a few of those before.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if part of our apparent problem in recruiting players is because GP is no longer here - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should have kept him last May (that was clearly out of the question), but I do worry that we are not quite the attractive proposition for players that we once were when GP was here; although if players are primarily motivated by money, then the question of who the manager is may not be that important?

Can't help feeling that we're going to tread water for the rest of this season, and end up in about 9th or 10th place, with a major overhaul then necessary in the summer.

Hope I am proved wrong..............

I don't think it's anything to do with Gus I think we're just trying to get players on the cheap and it isn't working, The rate it's going we'll end up last minute panic buying.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The one thing worse than no signings would be to sign another Dobbie or a Billy Paynter on loan.

Not holding out much hope for major signings but we do need to get rid of Bridcutt now. He won't play properly again.

As someone said we are very vulnerable in the summer. Our defence could be decimated for next year requiring a major restructuring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here