Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet has blasted Stoke for unsettling two of his Sunderland stars.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What a shame. Some of Sunderland's players are unsettled by the transfer window. Who gives a toss?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have they lost focus ?

Or hit their heads on the ceiling ???

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
What are you suggesting???...I believe him when he shrugs his shoulders, holds his hands out, puts the dough eyes on and claims it's nothing to do with him.

Ahem
'Doe' eyes as in the female deer
'Dough' is used for making bread and the such, and as far as i'm aware does not have eyes. If it did it would probably not have much of an emotional pull anyway.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ahem
'Dough' is used for making bread and the such, and as far as i'm aware does not have eyes. If it did it would probably not have much of an emotional pull anyway.

I have dough eyes after a night on the sauce. Perhaps KtR meant that?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Ahem

Not so sure - I've seen the way some people look at bread.....

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Poyet has become a complete turnip head in my eyes. Andrews' comments a couple of weeks ago about the bridders situation is a fine example, he basically suggested he had been tapped up.

The more I see the more I am thankful he killed his own contract last year.

Gus you are a self centered bat brain.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lol.....Doe or dough. ...Poyet is as full of shite as ever. We all know he has turned Bridcutt, probbably Buckley and im not convinced he isn't the reason Ulloa looks disinterested. .....

D

Deleted member 2719

He is unbelievable, have we still got any Gus lickers that respect him as a person?

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
He is unbelievable, have we still got any Gus lickers that respect him as a person?

As a person - not so much no, though i can see his appeal to the telly people. There is at least a personality there, albeit a dodgy one!
As a manager however, he is proving, again, how good he is. Hard to argue with his record.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lol.....Doe or dough. ...Poyet is as full of shite as ever. We all know he has turned Bridcutt, probbably Buckley and im not convinced he isn't the reason Ulloa looks disinterested. .....

Bloody hell Kev, I know you hate Poyet, but claiming he has the power to turn men GAY is a bit extreme.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Not a 'Gus licker' but I do admire the man and his accomplishments - far more so than those who use hyperbole such as 'blasted' for what actually were quite restrained remarks following questions from reporters - far more so than those who make vitriolic statements about him by distorting or ignoring the facts!

Gus Poyet criticises Stoke City for trying to unsettle Lee Cattermole and Steven Fletcher

Reports in the Midlands in recent days have suggested that Stoke had made a £10m joint offer for the pair, but Poyet insists that there has been no bid and contact between the clubs.

Poyet says he was ‘disappointed’ to see the rumours, and suggested that it may have been an attempt to unsettle the players ahead of an important game between the two clubs.

“I’m pleased that in our local newspapers we did not throw any rumours about us being interested in any Stoke players,” he said.

“Because that is what they have done for the last week or so.

“Not one of the Stoke directors or anyone from there have made a formal approach or any offer, so for them to be linked with two very important players for us is a little bit disappointing.”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here