Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey man city look good

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't remember a side so scoring for fun.

Could be a sneaky bet for the league and champions league

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Reminds me of the free following Chelsea side a few years back (2005?). They score at least 4 a game?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It has to be said, they've bought a pretty spectacular team there

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was Rose's challenge like? Seems to be a bit of a split about it on twitter.

[tweet]428661049919684610[/tweet]

[tweet]428632637314723840[/tweet]

[tweet]428652235225313280[/tweet]

[tweet]428633798885253120[/tweet]
[tweet]428667996903854080[/tweet]

[tweet]428668301426708480[/tweet]

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not bad at finding the net are they....4 players have scored 81 goals this season so far (Aguero...26...Negaro...23...Dzecko...17...Toure...15)
makes our 30 goals from all our players so far look pale by comparison...not one of our players has hit double figures....but the defence is quite good...

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
What was Rose's challenge like? Seems to be a bit of a split about it on twitter.

Looked to me like he clipped his foot/ankle while trying to pull him down by his arm as he slid in to take the ball. I side with the decision from a pretty unbiased position but I dare say that this will be done to death in the press tomorrow morning with a variety of mixed opinions.
If it hadn't of been given then it would have still been done to death as the penalty that wasn't.
Either way. Man City were phenomenal and will take some beating to the title this season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Last night I was trying to find the thread started a few days ago about Man City being boring with no passion so that I could bounce it.

Without being a man City fan, I thought they were sublime last night. The first goal from Aguero was a triumph of the delicate touch over brute force. Although the Aston Villa vs West brom 4-3 was exciting, I know which I would rather watch.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I am really starting to like Man City. I know they have spent a load of money to get their squad together and should be nothing less than a great team but they are a joy to watch and they do play some lovely Football.

Their squad all seem pretty decent blokes as well, which is a rarity in Football these days!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No great axe to grind on this. Think Marriner is a poor referee, and some of his decisions reflected that. I thought the pen was a pen, and though it is blasphemous in football terms to disagree with the blessed M. Owen, the Spurs offside goal was just that, - granted only by a yard or so.

Is a referee bound to accept a lino's decision over his own ? Marriner was very keen to do so.

Manchester City do look unstoppable at present, but it is only January, and Sunderland are on a roll !

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I bloody hate Man City. All foreigners from the Arab owners to the manager and the squad. Exception is Joe Hart who was their only English player last night.

This is the ENGLISH Premier League, which now appears to be a total misnomer.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I bloody hate Man City. All foreigners from the Arab owners to the manager and the squad. Exception is Joe Hart who was their only English player last night.

This is the ENGLISH Premier League, which now appears to be a total misnomer.

It can't be that English when 10% of the teams are from Wales.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is a referee bound to accept a lino's decision over his own ? Marriner was very keen to do so.

No. The ref is the ultimate authority, is the one who makes decisions, and can wave off the assistants' flags. Offsides he tends to accept their decision because they are usually in a better position to tell.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Last night just summed up how DISGUSTINGLY good their squad is.

"Oh no!! Aguero's pulled up. He has to come off.....now shall we bring on 20 goal Alvaro Negredo or £30m summer purchase (and one of europes hottest telents) Jovetic?

Sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here