Quite a turnaround really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So many shit teams at the bottom of that division that you only need to string two half-decent results together and you find yourself mid-table. Not that amazing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So many shit teams at the bottom of that division that you only need to string two half-decent results together and you find yourself mid-table. Not that amazing.

its a tad different to everyone saying when Sunderland play in the championship next season....they have a fighting chance now

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can't believe that both Sunderland and Palace are now clear of the bottom 3

I'm fecking angry that our two panto villains are in danger of escaping the guillotine.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Poyet's record.

Won 10
Drawn 5
Lost 7

In all competions.

Quite a turnaround really.

Despite the bile that some people on here often show, I always thought he would lift them clear, and stay there. it's what he did with the Albion in his first season.

There was an interesting interview with him on the BBC website a few days ago, where he was saying that you can't just treat the whole team the same - you have to deal with each member individually because they are all different. he's a capable manager.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I always catch the Sunderland games if I can and I watched tonights one.

They were very good for the first 20 mins until they scored, and then went on the back foot as Stoke started to pull the strings.

Stoke stupidly got a man sent off after a second yellow and were down to 10 men for the last 40 mins but they made it look like Sunderland were the man down until the final whistle.

It was interesting looking at the close ups of the really stressed Sunderland fans as their team hung on desperately to a win instead of taking advantage of their one man advantage. They will only have to endure another 1350 minutes of this.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I felt that when Sunderland appointed Gus and Palace, Pulis, they would both stay up. Happy for Gus to do well, was gutted when Pulis got the job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the Villa game he has won or drawn the games that really matter in the league. Long way to go yet but Sunderland fans must be well pleased with the way it's gone so far.

I will be interested to see if he sticks around should he keep them up.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As a coach he is a class act and I am grateful we got as long with him as we did. The role of manager is a slightly different thing and he seems less well suited to that, with his tendency to chuck toys out of prams at regular intervals.

It's a shame he had to go but it seemed inevitable given that he was desperate to perform on a bigger stage as soon as possible. It was just a relationship that had run it's course.

Hope he goes on to great things. Mr Bloom should be remembered as the first one to give him his chance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here