Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull: Saturday > Monday - what does it mean for you?

Relative to a Saturday 3pm kickoff, what does the Hull Monday evening mean for your group?

• More of my group will be coming

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • The same number of us will be coming

Votes: 93 39.4%
  • Fewer of us will be coming

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • None of us will be coming

Votes: 45 19.1%
  • I/we weren't coming Saturday, won't come Monday

Votes: 28 11.9%

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We've done this before when there's been congestion getting off the eastbound A27 at the Hollingbury intersection. If you're saying that there was no significant westbound congestion at the intersection for the Bridge/UoS CPs at the Reading game then maybe we'll give it a go?

I always go that way and have never been held up yet. I usually arrive at the uni car park at between 2 o'clock and half two.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm still going, but i'm not happy about it, especially as it makes it difficult for Hull fans to get here at all. Also I am not a fan of the draw being made before we play, there is definitely something wrong about that.

I'm sure the money will be welcome (especially if we win), but it is still a bullshit decision. I reckon about 20,000 will make it though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Most of our group live in Brighton, but personally I don't like midweek games as it takes so long to get home with work the next day, although that doesn't affect me actually being there. One guy travels so probably would have come on Saturday, but I'd imagine now won't.

GrahamH65

May 19, 2009
I am annoyed that I won't be able to go now. Living in Bristol, it would mean taking a day off and finding overnight accommodation. so staying put and watching it on BT Sport is a no brainer. And it wouldn't matter who we were playing either. And it's worse for the Hull fans. This has got to have a major effect on their numbers.

The TV money is good for both clubs and it will allow many supporters to watch the game at home or in the pub, but I personally think that all the FA Cup games should be on Saturday or Sunday and get as many bums on seats as possible.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Perfect for me. Can now watch the Brighton Rockers roller derby bout on the Saturday and saunter over to The Amex from my company's office at Sussex Uni on Monday. Ideal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Monday night is choir rehearsal night and we have a concert a couple of weeks later, so I am umming and aaahing about going.

I probably will but I hate it when you have to make last minute decisions due to TV.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This seems to indicate that the gate may be 20-25% down on normal league attendances.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It means that I will have to pay out for staff to cover the business.

Bad enough having to miss this Saturday due to a funeral, who has a funeral on a Saturday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
3 of us would have gone Saturday, delaying our trip to a holiday cottage in Somerset (the dry bit!). Can't delay until Tuesday, though, so will be watching online BT Sport if the cottage wifi is up to it.

PG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Weirdly it means one of our group can now come as back from holiday.

However clearly it will mean less people going, mostly for work reasons.

£250k in tv income, selling our souls to the devil.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Basically it was like this for me

Friday - Probably couldn't have gone
Saturday - No problem
Sunday - had of as Holiday but would've screwed up Quarter final weekend should we get there
Monday - No problem

so happy enough :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here