Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Having twins

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Hello,

Sensible thread for once. The wife and I have recently found out that we are expecting identical twins, which has come as a bit of a shock, but a very pleasant one. So two new Albion fans! Can't wait to bring my little army to The Amex in their stripes.

We've researched specific twin baby groups in our area (Worthing) and having a good read of various books. I just wondered if anyone on NSC Kingdom had personal experience of having twins (or a family member has twins) who was willing to share their experiences, tips, advice, etc. There is a great deal of fear and excitement running through my veins right now.

Feel free to post pictures of The Shining twins; The Krays, etc. I've had it all already...I think.

Thanks.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Congratulations:) No experience personally but I'm sure it will be wonderful. Do they have older siblings?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Firstly, and most importantly, congratulations on your great news :)

Secondly, I have no experience on having children, however, my girlfriend and I are also expecting our first (I don't know if yours is, I'm assuming) which is due in June. I'll be honest, I'm very excited but there's a lot of unknowns so, might I suggest that this be turned into a general NSC 'dad-advice' style thread? If you'd rather keep it as twin-specific and avoid my attempted hijacking then that's fine and I'll start my own (with no offense caused, honest!), however, it might be useful for soon-to-be dads (such as you and I) in future to have the wisdom of the NSC sages to fall back on, or at least take some pointers from...especially those who are the first amongst their friends and close colleagues...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Twins for me are Gayle and Gillian Blakeney, those two easy sorts from Neighbours who were lovelessly skewered by the then real-legged Paul Robinson. My advice is to make sure that in 25 years or if you hear the name Mr Udagawa being involved in their working lives then it's your job alone to drag them free from that den of Dennisquity.

ps - very glad for your good news.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
My wife and I adopted a baby and a toddler in one go and that was as exhausting and as exciting as having twins :)

Friends of ours tried for a third child when they had an 8 and 5 year old and they had twins.
Initially they crapped themselves and thought they wouldn't cope either with time or money. But they did and now the twins are 2 they still continue to have a great family life.
No real practical advice from me but just to say many congratulations and hope the years are happy and healthy for you all

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Medical research LOVES twins because they can be their own control groups - you'll get offers left right and centre from loads of groups of nerds and boffins.

You're very lucky anyway, so congrats. Will there be matching Albion PJs and all that jazz??

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Congratulations to you.

No twins in my family but my mum used to tell me " glad you wasn't twins"
I haven't got a clue what she meant :rolleyes:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Firstly, and most importantly, congratulations on your great news :)

Secondly, I have no experience on having children, however, my girlfriend and I are also expecting our first (I don't know if yours is, I'm assuming) which is due in June. I'll be honest, I'm very excited but there's a lot of unknowns so, might I suggest that this be turned into a general NSC 'dad-advice' style thread? If you'd rather keep it as twin-specific and avoid my attempted hijacking then that's fine and I'll start my own (with no offense caused, honest!), however, it might be useful for soon-to-be dads (such as you and I) in future to have the wisdom of the NSC sages to fall back on, or at least take some pointers from...especially those who are the first amongst their friends and close colleagues...

Hey! Big congratulations to you too! You'll be feeling all sorts of emotions with your first on the way but be sure to cherish every second of the experience, including the pregnancy. I can barely remember much of the actual birth of our first as I was flapping so much I wasn't really mindful of what was really happening. And that's a great idea about the thread. Maybe mods can edit the title for me as a thread with such advice, sharing of experiences, etc will be really useful.

Thanks everyone.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
run man, run! :)

I have 2 babies. 1 & 3. 99% of the time i want to pull my hair out and cant understand how the missus does it all day whilst im working. the other 1% they bring a joy into your life that nothing else will ever match up to. congratulations mate, the roller coaster starts now.

p.s

the 1% outweighs the 99%.... honest...

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Medical research LOVES twins because they can be their own control groups - you'll get offers left right and centre from loads of groups of nerds and boffins.

You're very lucky anyway, so congrats. Will there be matching Albion PJs and all that jazz??

There will be a whole lot of Albion related clothes and items! We would like them to have their own personalities and tastes though. However I am keen on placing a £1 bet on them both turning out in the stripes in 25 years time or so ;-)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There will be a whole lot of Albion related clothes and items! We would like them to have their own personalities and tastes though. However I am keen on placing a £1 bet on them both turning out in the stripes in 25 years time or so ;-)

Make sure they play up front where there's going to be less competition in the squad. You don't want them fighting it out (literally) over the one right-back position! :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Hey! Big congratulations to you too! You'll be feeling all sorts of emotions with your first on the way but be sure to cherish every second of the experience, including the pregnancy. I can barely remember much of the actual birth of our first as I was flapping so much I wasn't really mindful of what was really happening. And that's a great idea about the thread. Maybe mods can edit the title for me as a thread with such advice, sharing of experiences, etc will be really useful.

Thanks everyone.

Thank you, it's certainly been an experience so far, I can't imagine forgetting the barely controllable tears (hers I might add) at Christmas adverts (bloody Google Nexus 7) will be the easiest thing in the world...it was fun though!

I'm hoping the mods will have seen the idea to change the thread title to make it more obviously all-inclusive, I'm fairly certain I'll be bumping it from time to time!

Actually, as someone who's clearly had at least one and seems open to questions, if you don't mind me asking, were you particularly nervous before your first came along or was there a point you suddenly went 'christ...' because, excited as I am, everything so far has been fairly calm for me, I'm taking it all in my stride and focusing on keeping the other half happy and content...is this normal? Should I have had a minor wobble yet? Feels too easy...(I'm aware I'll be regretting typing that come mid-August)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A lot depends on whether they are same gender and if so the degree of identicalness. We know a family who had to make their boys wear different colour shirts to help teachers tell them apart.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Identical twins are the best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here