Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

24 hours on NSC in the transfer window

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the sublime to the ridiculous. Yesterday we were all excited about the possibility of an £8 million striker, who is on fire in this division coming here and 24 hours later we are apparently after some crocked and useless elderly goal shy striker from Crystal Palace.

What will tomorrow bring???

It just shows that nobody on here or at the Argus know anything

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IF the Wilbraham rumour is true, THEN we cannot sink any lower. It just is NOT possible.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember countless managers moaning about Withdean and how difficult it was to attract players.....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
IF the Wilbraham rumour is true, THEN we cannot sink any lower. It just is NOT possible.

He would probably be cheap so it wouldn't surprise me.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

If the Wickham rumour is true, THEN we will have done fantastically.

Transfer madness on here at the moment it really is. The club are clearly trying, if others aren't willing to sell then I personally would rather we forge ahead with what we have instead of making half-baked overpriced signings in a panic.

Whatever happens, happens!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Transfer madness on here at the moment it really is. The club are clearly trying, if others aren't willing to sell then I personally would rather we forge ahead with what we have instead of making half-baked overpriced signings in a panic.

But the key issue for me is whether we are offering a fair price. If we are trying to get players on the cheap, we shouldn't be surprised if other clubs tell us to p**s off.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Rather go without thanks and stick with what we've got.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
But the key issue for me is whether we are offering a fair price. If we are trying to get players on the cheap, we shouldn't be surprised if other clubs tell us to p**s off.

We'll probably never know so I guess it comes down to whether you trust the club. I can't see why we'd be just flinging awful bids all over the place in the hope that one of them sticks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the sublime to the ridiculous. Yesterday we were all excited about the possibility of an £8 million striker, who is on fire in this division coming here and 24 hours later we are apparently after some crocked and useless elderly goal shy striker from Crystal Palace.

What will tomorrow bring???

It just shows that nobody on here or at the Argus know anything

Have you actually seen a quote from a reputable source of either club that Wickham was/is actually on the agenda...personally i haven't ..so no excitement with me personally yesterday

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you actually seen a quote from a reputable source of either club that Wickham was/is actually on the agenda...personally i haven't ..so no excitement with me personally yesterday

How reputable is the local rag in Sunderland? I confess to being very up about this rumour when I saw the waffle in the Sunderland local paper :down:

The fact that Wickham has been playing for a lower Championship club and that Sunderland are after Bridcutt and maybe Buckley gave this one legs for me.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Absolute SHAMBLES, before Burke can BOLLOCK up this window anymore someone needs to SLAP a restraining order on him making any furhter offers or offering OUR best players for absolute DONKEYS.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

as I have said before when the ink is dry on the contract then I will rise from this comfortable chair and give it fist in the air, until then this chair is very comfortable thanks

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How reputable is the local rag in Sunderland? I confess to being very up about this rumour when I saw the waffle in the Sunderland local paper :down:

Lol...no idea....but I've become very cynical about anything in the 'media'...almost a believe it when i see it mentality...bit boring i know...still not long to go now.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lol...no idea....but I've become very cynical about anything in the 'media'...almost a believe it when i see it mentality...bit boring i know...still not long to go now.

Undoubtably the best attitude

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Don't know about that: Jake Robinson back from Whitehawk, anyone? See ... :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
as I have said before when the ink is dry on the contract then I will rise from this comfortable chair and give it fist in the air, until then this chair is very comfortable thanks

That is a very sensible approach and probably good for your blood pressure.

Me, I cannot leave sky sports/ NSC / Argus online alone for more than 30 minutes!

Wish I had your patience :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This. The fact that we make an offer, get rejected, and move on would indicate we are operating on a VERY strict budget, and that budget is rather low :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here