Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Clayton

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
what a load of twaddle, sir ! Crofts injury was well before the window opened , so we should have been on it the day after. On the subject of reluctance to letting better players go in this window, we no longer have Barnes/El Abd , but we have (so far) kept hold of a player 'not in the right frame of mind' to play.....

Crofts picked up his injury on January 11 against Birmingham. The transfer window opened on January 1.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We do badly need to replace Crofts... two days left and counting...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No chance we will sell. He is vital to the way we play and has been class since he came back from his club ban for getting decked in training by Paterson

Don't bother coming back with a higher bid. Thank you kindly :moo:

I wouldn't count on it.

Apparently there has also been interest from Madrid but Clayton is reported as commenting that the Albion's offer is Even Better than the Real Thing.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Because the club will hardly comment on every single player they go after will they ? NO club would do that.

I get that, but it's very quiet all seems to be via sky sports understands, Andy Naylor and a bit on twitter. I fully believe the club are looking and think we will get players in but it does not seem like us, Tony Bloom has never liked the Jan transfer window and all of a sudden we are bidding left right and centre for players.

Maybe it's just me, sorry. As you were.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We do badly need to replace Crofts... two days left and counting...

I agree but would rather we get a suitable replacement in than throwing money at anyone and wasting our money which could be put to better use in the summer.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I get that, but it's very quiet all seems to be via sky sports understands, Andy Naylor and a bit on twitter. I fully believe the club are looking and think we will get players in but it does not seem like us, Tony Bloom has never liked the Jan transfer window and all of a sudden we are bidding left right and centre for players.

Maybe it's just me, sorry. As you were.

Can see TB speaking out sometime in February about why we were so busy, especially when he said we wouldnt be !!

Until then, no talk by the club whilst business is ongoing. I expect a few still to sign myself.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Can see TB speaking out sometime in February about why we were so busy, especially when he said we wouldnt be !!

Until then, no talk by the club whilst business is ongoing. I expect a few still to sign myself.

Always a roller coaster at the Albion. Roll on Friday night when we all will know rather than all the guess work.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was phoned by bbc radio London this afternoon( no idea why) for my comments on the statement put out by Powell who seemly said he had a bad feeling about brighton signing Clayton.

I waffled on aimlessly for 5 minutes and managed to get the word " castigated" in...unlike El Pres who failed miserably to get the word in!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So, if we are putting bids in for these player(s) and as reported being turned down. Why is there no noise from the club at all?

We don't do business that way anymore , in the old days Dick Knight would have said we needed 5 players in and signed a no hoper to make the numbers up (Shane McFaul , 1 sub appearance and released less than 4 months later)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I wouldn't count on it.

Apparently there has also been interest from Madrid but Clayton is reported as commenting that the Albion's offer is Even Better than the Real Thing.
I have to say that after all these terrible puns, I feel numb.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was phoned by bbc radio London this afternoon( no idea why) for my comments on the statement put out by Powell who seemly said he had a bad feeling about brighton signing Clayton.

I waffled on aimlessly for 5 minutes and managed to get the word " castigated" in...unlike El Pres who failed miserably to get the word in!
What has Brighton signing a Huddersfield player got to do with Charlton's manager?

Confused from Crickhowell.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So,.. can anybody list the inward transfers that have not happened for one reason or another,..... I am losing track to be honest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Que??

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have to say that after all these terrible puns, I feel numb.

Really? I'm bristling with pride.

Though, I'm starting to wonder if this is what it was like for Palace when they were trying to get a manager to replace Holloway...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here