Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has had the better season so far?

Taking out the rivalry malarkey who has had the better season from a fans view Palace or Brighton ???
WHICH WOULD YOU HAVE RATHER WATCHED SO FAR? I.E. WOULD YOU HAVE LIKED BRIGHTON TO BE HAVING THE PALACE EXPERIENCE OR HAVE YOU BEEN ENTERTAINED AT THE AMEX:smile:
WE SEEM TO BE DOING AS ABOUT EXPECTED BUT PALACE ARE MAKING A SURPRISE FIGHT FOR THERE PREMIER SURVIVAL:blush:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Shockingly bad thread.

Palace are in the Premier League at our expense and are currently making a decent fist of fighting for survival. Why do you choose to highlight the fact?

I'm just hoping it all goes wrong for them with a tougher run of fixtures to come but no question about who is in the ascendancy right now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know who I'd rather be watching, not so sure about ROR though.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Us. Because we're not Crystal Palace.

Credit to them for putting up a fight though - they've ground out some wins while also being fortunate to be in quite a weak bottom 6 where no-one wants to actually win a game. If they stay up then well done to them. Either way i'm not fussed - it's all about how we do.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you take away the rivalry malarkey, why are you wanting to compare Palace and Brighton?

I would not want a season where getting Tony Pulis is an upgrade in any division though.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I guess a lot depends on what you find entertaining.

For me the importance that the result of virtually every game that Palace has played this season would add to the enjoyment of supporting them,

I more or less accepted that we would finish in the top half of the table at the beginning of the season with the possibility of reaching the play-offs. Nothing in the results so far have detracted from this - hopefully towards the end of the season the excitement level will increase if we are vying for possible promotion - this would make games more entertaining for me

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Would never ever want to watch Crystal Palace (unless we are playing them because I would have no choice )

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Taking out the rivalry malarkey who has had the better season from a fans view Palace or Brighton ???
WHICH WOULD YOU HAVE RATHER WATCHED SO FAR? I.E. WOULD YOU HAVE LIKED BRIGHTON TO BE HAVING THE PALACE EXPERIENCE OR HAVE YOU BEEN ENTERTAINED AT THE AMEX:smile:
WE SEEM TO BE DOING AS ABOUT EXPECTED BUT PALACE ARE MAKING A SURPRISE FIGHT FOR THERE PREMIER SURVIVAL:blush:

Not sure that any Brighton fan with any self respect gives a toss whether the scum are playing the best football in the world or not. I would not cross the street to watch them unless we are playing them, and the only time I will not fast forward match of the day past their game is if they have been beaten, preferably by several goals!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not sure that any Brighton fan with any self respect gives a toss whether the scum are playing the best football in the world or not. I would not cross the street to watch them unless we are playing them, and the only time I will not fast forward match of the day past their game is if they have been beaten, preferably by several goals!

The question was "would you have liked Brighton to be having the Palace experience or have you been entertained at the Amex"

Personally I would love Brighton to be having the 'Palace experience", in the Premier League fighting for survival - far more entertaining to be fair than sitting comfortably in the Championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing to do with 'taking out the rival malarkey' - I'd rather watch Brighton. Actually, I only want to watch Brighton (and whoever they're playing on the day, of course).

So yes, I'd rather watch Brighton than Palace......or QPR.....or Coventry.....or Accrington Stanley.........I could go on to list 91 clubs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do not like anything about the premiership, however I think palace are making a good fist of it. Good luck to em.

My three for the drop

Fulham, Sunderland, Norwich.

larus

If the question is would I prefer that we were in their position and them in ours, then of course it's a yes.

Forget the rivalry, since wurzel left, they've ground out some results are are looking good to stay up, or at least have a very good chance of staying up. There's more chance of them being in the premier league than us next season, so they hold the bragging rights still.

Longer term though, this is very likely to change IMO. We're building for the future with the academy, general infrastructure and the style which TB is obviously keen to instil in the club by his choice of managers. If we don't go up this season, I expect a mini rebuild of the squad over the summer, and the gradual introduction of more development squad players into the first team.

This is not a sprint, and I'm enjoying the journey.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here