Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Wallace...

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Wallace is a very good left back and far too good for a team playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Rangers are about to go into administration again and can't now afford their ridiculously over-inflated player budget so there is a deal to be done there. Hearts got stiffed by Rangers when he left us so I would be delighted if Brighton did the decent thing and stiffed Der Hun.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I have.

An excellent player. In my view he would be a great improvement on a team which will lose Ward as things stand.

Great. Let's see if this unsubstantiated rumour has any basis.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
price gone up over a million, now......thanks to Forest sniffing about !

I just do not get the Forest board throwing money at a possible play off win, they will not get automatic as they are 11 points off that even though they have a game in hand. Seems like they are gambling big time on a play off gamble. Could cost them big time if they fail.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just do not get the Forest board throwing money at a possible play off win, they will not get automatic as they are 11 points off that even though they have a game in hand. Seems like they are gambling big time on a play off gamble. Could cost them big time if they fail.

Will they/have they not just done what we all expect and sponsor themselves, or their own training ground, or their training kit and subsidise it all that way and thus avoid falling outside of FFP?

Not much of a gamble with the backing they have.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Genuine question. How far forward? In the Barnes left midfield position? If so, there would be some sort of logic to pursue this player (Wallace), I guess?

Went to Wolves as a genuine striker then converted to wing to cover injuries then to fullback for the same reason.
Dont get me wrong - I dont think we have a million quid to spend on a fullback and if Ward playing the Barnes role was a solution I reckon we would have tried it against Port Vale with Chicksen filling in at full back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable with the idea of paying close to a million for a player currently in the 3rd tier of the MTL. If he played for fellow MTL 3 side Stranraer, nobody would even get close to that sum.

Seems an awful lot of cash to me for what's effectively a (talented) non league player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Genuine question. How far forward? In the Barnes left midfield position? If so, there would be some sort of logic to pursue this player (Wallace), I guess?

Went to Wolves as a genuine striker then converted to wing to cover injuries then to fullback for the same reason.
Dont get me wrong - I dont think we have a million quid to spend on a fullback and if Ward playing the Barnes role was a solution I reckon we would have tried it against Port Vale with Chicksen filling in at full back.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable with the idea of paying close to a million for a player currently in the 3rd tier of the MTL. If he played for fellow MTL 3 side Stranraer, nobody would even get close to that sum.

Seems an awful lot of cash to me for what's effectively a (talented) non league player.

It's not a normal situation though. He was an excellent wing back in the SPL for Rangers and stayed with them when they went down.

This isn't compariable to a normal 3rd tier player or club in any way whatsoever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not a normal situation though. He was an excellent wing back in the SPL for Rangers and stayed with them when they went down.

This isn't compariable to a normal 3rd tier player or club in any way whatsoever.

Fair enough. I honestly know nothing about him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Will they/have they not just done what we all expect and sponsor themselves, or their own training ground, or their training kit and subsidise it all that way and thus avoid falling outside of FFP?

Not much of a gamble with the backing they have.

The sponsorship scam is SPECIFICALLY recognised as being a No No under FFP

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
From the independants recent report on man city and ffp.

"Some observers question whether City's Etihad sponsorship deal, worth around £400m over 10 years, is a means of the club's Abu Dhabi owners artificially injecting cash to reduce losses, but the club deny that and insist the deal is in line with market rates"

They have got away with it. No doubt forest have their escape route planned as well. Little call to a fellow investor, ask them to sponsor you. The owners will know what they're doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here