Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Wallace...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
All I've seen is that Forest (who else?) had a £900k bid rejected.

Also, is a left back really a priority right now?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Lee Wallace
Footballer
Lee Wallace is a Scottish association footballer who plays for Rangers. He is a left-sided fullback who can also operate on the left side of midfield. Wikipedia

Why would we need a LB?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Enables Ward to be used further forward in midfield, or even as an attacker??

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We have other priorities RIGHT NOW tho'. Deal with the summer in the summer.

If he's available now then it would be ridiculous to leave the deal, miss out on him and then be searching for a left back in the summer when we knew all along we needed one. He will get 5 months with the squad and will be completely settled in time for him being number1 choice next season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We have other priorities RIGHT NOW tho'. Deal with the summer in the summer.

This arguement never works. You buy a player if its a good deal and will improve the squad anytime. Priorities arent factored into it. Why should going for a talented left back interfere with going for a winger elsewhere?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If he's available now then it would be ridiculous to leave the deal, miss out on him and then be searching for a left back in the summer when we knew all along we needed one. He will get 5 months with the squad and will be completely settled in time for him being number1 choice next season.

Whilst I agree with you IF WE HAD AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF MONEY / FFP DIDN'T EXIST, unfortunately that isn't the case!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This arguement never works. You buy a player if its a good deal and will improve the squad anytime. Priorities arent factored into it. Why should going for a talented left back interfere with going for a winger elsewhere?

See on...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whilst I agree with you IF WE HAD AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF MONEY / FFP DIDN'T EXIST, unfortunately that isn't the case!

I'm quietly confident the club won't buy 3 players and then realise they only had the monety for two afterwards.

I imagine they look at the finances prior to bidding for a player...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Because B.W knows our funds, has our balance sheet, the potential bid we're making, the proposed wages and our end of year target.

Luckily he's got these figures with potential promotion factored in AND out whilst also entering a seperate income facility which incorporates the potential income from the sale of Buckley and Bridcutt whilst also releasing the the funds originally allocated against the set monthly wages attributed towards them......so he will make sure we fall well within FFP.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Err, these guys can multitask you know and we have no idea how much money is available.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because B.W knows our funds, has our balance sheet, the potential bid we're making, the proposed wages and our end of year target.

Luckily he's got these figures with potential promotion factored in AND out whilst also entering a seperate income facility which incorporates the potential income from the sale of Buckley and Bridcutt whilst also releasing the the funds originally allocated against the set monthly wages attributed towards them......so he will make sure we fall well within FFP.

Has he factored in the potential windfall if we manage to beat Hull and get a lucrative televised 6th round tie as well?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But you've no idea how much money we have. I bet we have a lot more than we're letting on, especially as we've spent next to nothing since last January.

I sincerely hope you are right. My educated guess is that we need the Liam sale to generate sufficient cash for the 3 players we desperately need, none of which are a LB. Wickham in a swap would work too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here