Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Dyche Interview - Did we PARK THE BUS?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sean Dyche seems to think we did. Anyone who went agree?

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/e...v_defence_training_session_822824/index.shtml

"It was a tough one because Brighton have come here and really parked the bus, which I am surprised at from them,"

"They were pretty rigid with it and it's a great credit to us that a team of their stature and size came here with a game plan to not get beat."

"For long periods of the second half it was like an attack v defence training session"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
he quotes 4 5 1....yep thats what we played and we've just nicked 4 points off them this season...don't care what he thinks ...done a great job for burnley this season but is a bit of a moaner

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I think so , I was not there but listening to people and reading reports . Personally I think we are better than that , why do we do it all the time and at home when we are 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go . I would believe Sean more than Nathan to be truthful , still can't believe Nathan got the job ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If it was an attack v defence training session why did we have over 50% of possession?

It was a poor game with both sides lacking ideas and creativity. Neither deserved more than a point.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He has to defend his team's lack of scoring in some way. Blaming the opposing team is best.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He has to defend his team's lack of scoring in some way. Blaming the opposing team is best.

Exactly. Even if a team is set up defensively it p1sses me right off that it is in some way used as an insult of sorts! If it so easy to go away and grab a point every match would be 0-0 ffs.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Never understood the idea of 'parking the bus' being a negative statement.

If a team has set out to frustrate their opposition by not conceding and manage it for the full 90mins then they've played well (albeit unexcitingly), the onus for 'blame' in that scenario has to fall on the 'attacking' team who failed to break through in the first place, surely?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You wouldn't have guessed this from the stats.

Possession: Burnley 51% Brighton 49%
Shots: Burnley 14 Brighton 11
On target: Burnley 11 Brighton 5

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Parked the bus!!!
What a clueless tosser.

We could have scored 3 or 4 on another day.

He's just miffed that they couldn't create anything worthwhile.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Never understood the idea of 'parking the bus' being a negative statement.

If a team has set out to frustrate their opposition by not conceding and manage it for the full 90mins then they've played well (albeit unexcitingly), the onus for 'blame' in that scenario has to fall on the 'attacking' team who failed to break through in the first place, surely?

But we didn't.

We were well organised - agreed, but we got forward at every opportunity.

I get so fecking annoyed at managers like him that have to blame somebody else for their ineptitude.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know they are only stats, but:

Burnley
Possession: 51%
Shots: 14
On target: 6

Brighton
Possession: 49%
Shots: 11
On target: 5

Doesn't really scream 'parking the bus', does it?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I know they are only stats, but:

Burnley
Possession: 51%
Shots: 14
On target: 6

Brighton
Possession: 49%
Shots: 11
On target: 5

Doesn't really scream 'parking the bus', does it?

It was a good game to watch for both sets of fans.

Parked the bus - ****ing Hell, I can only assume he has no idea what that phrase actually means.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Not really, but we did largely render their strike force impotent due to good defending.

At the other end, we did create enough chances to have won the match.

Burnley only seemed to have one tactic (apart from conning an extremely inept referee) which was to drive every ball as hard and low as possible into the box in the hope that someone from either side would get on the end if it. Should have tried some different tactics. Ash made little difference apart from an elbow and the usual dives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here