Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Last 5 league ganes - 1/1/1/0/0

0 Not allowed!
    Surely I am not the only one that is bored to death by this one up front. 3 goals in the last 5 league games- Leo is getting more and more frustrated from living off scraps, he would be far, far better with a man to support him.

I also feel for those that travel to away games as 0-0 is the most common result is it not?

Oscar said he was all about attacking. Is this really true? The stats would certainly suggest otherwise.

Anyone else want to see us attack a bit more and go away from home looking for a little more than a 0-0?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I agree with the one up front thing. We are simply not taking enough chances. I also think if we are going to play one up front we need to play through the middle a bit more
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      IMHO we are suffering by not getting sufficient goals from the midfield/wide men. Last season Buckley, Lua Lua Crofts and Lopez were scoring this season mainly due to injuries only Crofts has managed it but now obviously that has dried up, so I believe that we should be looking at replacing him this week or during the loan window. If we do so and with CMS coming back gradually, all will be well again.

The hope is that we can keep in touch with the play off positions while this happens. 0 -0 away from home is the recipe for success if on the odd occasion we can nick 1 goal and then win at home.

0 Not allowed!
      Was at derby recently which was the game Steve claridge said on the football league show we were very negative and went for the nil nil creating next to nothing. Looking at jones' comments in BBC last night it would appear he was asked the same question. Maybe our reputation of a team playing the right way is changing to a less favourable one. The issue is we lack creativity, we have a hardworking team but can't play between the lines and stretch teams. We seem to be relying more in set pieces more and more.

Oscar was built up as an attacking version of Gus. Yes we are happy to go a bit more direct but that does not mean attacking. Leicester have just won 8 on the trot and that's by playing 2 up front with 2 or 3 bombing on at every opportunity from midfield. Clearly, this leaves them open and get beat at times. We picked them off nicely at the Amex and actually took our chances that day. But it's proven at this level with previous teams going up like Southampton, reading etc.
      #Together

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bobzam View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Oscar was built up as an attacking version of Gus. Yes we are happy to go a bit more direct but that does not mean attacking. Leicester have just won 8 on the trot and that's by playing 2 up front with 2 or 3 bombing on at every opportunity from midfield. Clearly, this leaves them open and get beat at times. We picked them off nicely at the Amex and actually took our chances that day. But it's proven at this level with previous teams going up like Southampton, reading etc.
      Good post. Teams at the top of the premier and Champ are attacking teams. I love the Man city model- you score 2? No probs, we will score 4.

0 Not allowed!
      I think we lack a bit of balance at the moment and if we get Conway and Stephens in then we will be back to our attacking best away from home
      The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Our goal scoring and attacking threat started to tail off when we lost Conway and has been further compounded by injuries to Buckley, LuaLua and Crofts and the sale of Barnes. It doesn't take a genius to work out that it's a bit difficult to play attacking football when you've lost most of your attackers, Oscar is doing a brilliant job with the players at his disposal but we are in desperate need of reinforcements before the window closes.
      She's got her knickers in a twist again
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I have long felt, as a team even under Poyet we lackdd confidence. That we could nit take the game to teams home or away. Injuries this season have played a part, and a settled side with fit wingers and supporting striker would see much more free flowing football.
      I believe we have seen enough at times to suggest Oscar does want to attack, but has rarely had the personnel fit tk do so.
      Derby away was a classic example of nkt having confidence in ourselves. After 25 mjns the team should have realised Derby were there to be beaten!

0 Not allowed!
      We're fine away, we just need the transfer window to end & settle down. Our goals scored at 30 IS the lowest of the 32 clubs in the top 8 in all 4 divs BUT we will step up for the 4 home games ( & beyond) & things will look rosier in a month.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      We persist with 1 up front but don't support him quickly enough from midfield. Ulloa gets very isolated and is made to look very ordinary.. He certainly isn't this..... It been quite evident on many occasions also that when we counter we are desperately slow getting forward with any kind of numbers and moves breakdown. Playing 2 holding midfielders says it all IMO. There's no need and it's extremely negative, having said that, we are only a few points of the play offs and in a good position to push on to the end. This transfer window is vital to our promotion hopes and I hope we get the right players in, if any, and not just panic buy certain players regardless of quality.
      If we persist in playing 2 holding midfielders we won't score enough goals to get where we want to be IMO. We have to play a more attacking midfield that supports our isolated striker better. We need to break with pace and play Buckley and lua lua when both fit enough.