Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage video. Which side are you on - Team Bike or Team car?

Team Bike or Team Car?

• Team Bike

Votes: 85 41.9%
  • Team Car

Votes: 118 58.1%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
[yt]GfdvIfT8H5c[/yt]

:lolol::lolol:

It's a tough one. The dirver was in the wrong initially, but it wasn't exactly a hanging offence. Absolutley no need for the reaction from the cyclist though and he got what he wanted!

A close call, but Team car for me.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Team car - all the way every time.
I think the cabbie has got it wrong - 98% of cyclists give 2% a bad name.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there a neither?

The car driver shouldn't have done what he did, the cyclist was wrong to confront him, but it appears as if the driver was the one who wanted to get physical. Both couldhave just avoided it. Why does the cyclist think it is his job to tell the driver what to do?

I was in a similar incident once. I and a couple of other cyclists were stopped at the red light at the bottom of Elm Grove (heading toward the level). Just as the lights were about to turn green some pedestrian decided to ignore the red man and started to cross, so, the three of us waited for him to cross, and just as he was far enough across for the cyclists on the left to set off, the car behind us, overtook us, narrowly missed the pedestrian, and crossed in front of me turning left onto elm grove almost taking out the first cyclist to set off once the man was clear. It was ridiculously impatient, and dangerous.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is there a neither?

The car driver shouldn't have done what he did, the cyclist was wrong to confront him, but it appears as if the driver was the one who wanted to get physical. Both couldhave just avoided it. Why does the cyclist think it is his job to tell the driver what to do?

Was there a traffic expert on hand to offer advice and mediation? Of course one should point out the error of their ways.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hopefully the driver got arrested for Common Assault, his employers are made aware of the video etc. imbecile.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was there a traffic expert on hand to offer advice and mediation? Of course one should point out the error of their ways.

There's a difference between what he did at the start of the video, taking a few steps back and highlighting that he was in the cycle box, and what he did later when he chased the car down and started hurling abuse at him. The abuse was what I meant by confront.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's a difference between what he did at the start of the video, taking a few steps back and highlighting that he was in the cycle box, and what he did later when he chased the car down and started hurling abuse at him. The abuse was what I meant by confront.

Was it abuse? I see no proof of that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The cyclist sat in front of him and the driver put his car in a position to get round him when the lights turned green. The cyclist started the row, then chased him to confront him, and he picked on the wrong person.

It looked like there was only one person who wanted the agro and it wasn't the driver.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having watched the start a couple of times again I don't even think the initial offence of the car moving into the cycle box was that bad. He was obviously going to move off quicker than the bikes so he positioned himself to get in front of them quicker, which is surely better for everyone. The cyclist clearly had a massive chip on his shoulder.

I bet the cyclist will mind his own business in future before he decides it's his place to tell people off for minor offences.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And what speed was the car doing when it disappeared into the distance in what would have been a 30mph at most?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here