Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Keep it up Dale, you are making the haters with their “not good enough” “too slow” “only passes backwards or sideways” comments look like right mugs. Shackles off bringing out the best in Stephens so far.

Dale Stephens Albion’s Enforcer :thumbsup:

In defence of those who have previously seen Stephens as a crab, they had very little to go on whilst he played under CH's instructions. Unshackled, and he is proving to be a revelation to those of us who tended to assume he had nothing more to give than we were seeing. Many (ALL?) players appear to have stepped up a level or two under Potter's system so far.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In defence of those who have previously seen Stephens as a crab, they had very little to go on whilst he played under CH's instructions. Unshackled, and he is proving to be a revelation to those of us who tended to assume he had nothing more to give than we were seeing. Many (ALL?) players appear to have stepped up a level or two under Potter's system so far.

In attack of the mugs.

Even seeing Stephens as a 'crab' he was a bloody good crab who performed his duties well.
Certainly better than dipshit mugs would have you believe.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stephens, and the rest, and CH were fantastic in the Championship, it all went to ruin when CH crapped himself in the Prem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In attack of the mugs.

Even seeing Stephens as a 'crab' he was a bloody good crab who performed his duties well.
Certainly better than dipshit mugs would have you believe.

Exactly it seemed blindingly obvious that he seldom had an outlet. Even so I can remember some great long balls from him on the rare occasions we charged forward. Izquierdo against Stoke and AK against Palace being two that stand out for me

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Keep it up Dale, you are making the haters with their “not good enough” “too slow” “only passes backwards or sideways” comments look like right mugs. Shackles off bringing out the best in Stephens so far.

Dale Stephens Albion’s Enforcer [emoji106]
I'll admit to being one of the 'Sideways Stephens' mugs. In fairness he displayed crab tendancies a lot so it's not surprising people got frustrated with him. He has looked a completely different player these last two games.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That little muglet [MENTION=12452]doogie004[/MENTION] is conspicuous by his absence. Someone who doesnt know anything about football.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
That little muglet [MENTION=12452]doogie004[/MENTION] is conspicuous by his absence. Someone who doesnt know anything about football.

Happy to admit last two games vastly improved long may it continue . But the facts were our midfield over the last two years didn’t score goals no matter how you want to defend it . Under potter it looks like there is more freedom to press higher and I’ve no issue that he should be first choice at the moment but it’s only two games . I still feel he has a red card just a moment away . Regarding knowing nothing about football been supporting bha since 77 last season did 32 games , no certification on football just passionate about how I see it . Please list your expertise in football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Happy to admit last two games vastly improved long may it continue . But the facts were our midfield over the last two years didn’t score goals no matter how you want to defend it . Under potter it looks like there is more freedom to press higher and I’ve no issue that he should be first choice at the moment but it’s only two games . I still feel he has a red card just a moment away . Regarding knowing nothing about football been supporting bha since 77 last season did 32 games , no certification on football just passionate about how I see it . Please list your expertise in football

No one would defend that lack of goals from CM. Your post is ambiguous ... was that lack of goals because our CM were told to shield the back 4, or because Stephens wasn’t good enough?

He may well get a red card or two in the remainder of his time with us, it goes with the territory of a midfield enforcer playing on the edge. Especially in this era of feigners and cheats. Let’s worry about that when it happens, instead of hoping it does to prove a point. In the meantime DS continues to please Albion supporters who’ve been watching football as long as you. Potter, and we know that his fellow pro’s rate DS, which tells us all we need to know.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This! This! This!

I sit too near to a couple of very vocal March haters.
One of them was still banging on about him being too lightweight at the end of last season.

****ing ridiculous comments by morons who made up their minds about him 3 seasons ago..

Why didn't Zaha get a look in, during the two Palace games last season? Because March had him in his pocket.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No one would defend that lack of goals from CM. Your post is ambiguous ... was that lack of goals because our CM were told to shield the back 4, or because Stephens wasn’t good enough?

He may well get a red card or two in the remainder of his time with us, it goes with the territory of a midfield enforcer playing on the edge. Especially in this era of feigners and cheats. Let’s worry about that when it happens, instead of hoping it does to prove a point. In the meantime DS continues to please Albion supporters who’ve been watching football as long as you. Potter, and we know that his fellow pro’s rate DS, which tells us all we need to know.

I’m not worried about proving any point I just want 110% effort ever game from every player . And as many supporters as you put it Dale pleases he’s also more than frustrated . It’s two games in and more than happy that the effort has vastly improved long may that continue .

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Fair play to Stephens. Didn't think he'd ever find the kind of form he showed a few years ago, but bugger me backwards this is all rather exciting isn't it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The 4-4-1-1 (double 6) is in the skip behind the Amex lying next to last season’s nets. The dual DMs was so restrictive last season.

Stephens and Pröpper can now play box to box and swap defensive chores. Stephens is looking confident going forward again, much more like the midfielder he was in the Championship where he was among the best in the division.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The 4-4-1-1 (double 6) is in the skip behind the Amex lying next to last season’s nets. The dual DMs was so restrictive last season.

Stephens and Pröpper can now play box to box and swap defensive chores. Stephens is looking confident going forward again, much more like the midfielder he was in the Championship where he was among the best in the division.

In reality it was so often a 4-5-1 or 9-0-1.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Overly criticised last season where he had absolutely no options to pass to most the time, been absolutely brilliant this season. Fitting in the DM role perfectly.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The only criticism I could give him was that backheel was a sideways pass

In all serious he has been outstanding recently, totally different player when you’ve got options around you

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loving Stephens showing up the muppets who were slagging him off on a weekly basis in CH’s shackled team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here