Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Leicester supporting friend of mine says we are in for Hammond again, I guess we are well down the midfield wish list now!

I enquired about his other performances this season, following his "performance" at the Amex and he just said there would be a queue of Leicester fans offering to drive him down.

Is it possible to be the most underwhelming Brighton signing in two transfer windows?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It may be because of Crofts injury. Decent enough stand in though, considering our options.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Solid yet unspectacular. Which sums up pretty much every signing we've made in the last 6 months or so.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If, and that's a big if, this happens, I look forward to a deadline day tweet from Andy Naylor teasing the return of an Albion hero

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think I have a higher opinion of Hammond than many on this board - he helped us quite a bit last season. I just don't think he's the type of player who can replace what Croft has brought to the team this year.

For me we need a box-to-box player with a goal threat.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We really are desperate if this is true.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wouldn't surprise me. His family still live down here. Maybe he's not settled.

Solid enough. He's not really DYNAMIC enough to properly replace Crofts, though.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Never go back twice!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I actually thought Hammond played well during the latter stages of last season. Not our best by a long shot, but got too much stick. Yeah GE turns slower than milk, but his positioning, experience and passing is good!

We have Andrews though, who plays his role better.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think this is probably quite a likely move. We are a bit short in midfield with Crofts injured and Bridcutt on his way. He's a reasonably solid option, who probably wouldn't break the bank, and wouldn't need a whole lot of convincing to come, or integration into the club. As Mellotron says, solid but unspectacular - yep, that fits the mould of our signings in the post-Gus era.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Dean Hammond when with us originally and also at Southampton scored 21 goals for us and 10 for Southampton so if he played as an attacking midfielder rather than holding he could fill in for Crofts. I would be happy with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here