Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia: I wish Barnes well but only after tonight! [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Garcia: I wish Barnes well but only after tonight![/h]9:21am Tuesday 28th January 2014 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2838597.jpg
Ashley Barnes should feature for Burnley tonight
ALBION boss Oscar Garcia hopes to break the tradition of former strikers of the club scoring against them at Burnley tonight.
Ashley Barnes will be on the bench for Burnley following his move from the Seagulls earlier this month.
He has made two brief substitute appearances for the automatic promotion-chasing Lancastrians so far, with the prolific partnership of Danny Ings and fellow ex-Seagull Sam Vokes ahead of him in the pecking order. Oscar told The Argus: “I suppose it will be strange but I wish him all the best ... after Tuesday! He is going through the team slowly because the other players are doing very well, but he has enough quality to play.”
Oscar, still without hamstrung winger Will Buckley, is encouraged by Albion’s impressive away form, which has included drawing at QPR and winning at Wigan.
He said: “We’ve had a lot of tough away games – we went to QPR and Wigan – and this will be another big test for us. “We must be concentrating on the second ball because Burnley’s understanding is very good and we must be prepared for this. They defend very well and are a well organised team.”
Albion have been based at St George’s Park, the FA’s national training centre at Burton, since Friday to reduce the wear and tear of travelling. Oscar said: “It is very important. It is much better for us to stay here and not travel a lot. We are in a run of four games away and we need the players to rest as much as possible.”
Albion’s away burst, ending at Watford on Sunday, will be followed by three games in a week at The Amex after drawing Hull at home in the FA Cup. Doncaster and Leeds visit first in quick succession in the Championship.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here