Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
No Bridcutt again tonight? That will be three games he has missed when he is apparently fit. No matter what he has done in the past it is surely not acceptable for him to be allowed to miss games which are very important to the club which is paying his wages. What message does this give to team-mates and supporters? Either get him off the pay-roll or make him play.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We know he's on his way; they're just going through the details of the deal to Sunderland. What's the point in disrupting the team for 1 or 2 games just because he's available? Rohan Ince has been better than Bridcutt this season anyway.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If the deal is going to be done then he's not going to play, even if he is fit and mentally up for it. Too much risk of him getting injured.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No Bridcutt again tonight? That will be three games he has missed when he is apparently fit. No matter what he has done in the past it is surely not acceptable for him to be allowed to miss games which are very important to the club which is paying his wages. What message does this give to team-mates and supporters? Either get him off the pay-roll or make him play.

Let's be realistic - he's gone / going. He won't be played so as not to scupper any deal going through at the moment.

I'd be more worried if Ulloa doesn't feature tonight for a random reason.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Off by Friday to Sunderland so the rumour mill says !!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He will go when the price is right. No point playing him when he is bound to play half-heartedly again and could get injured, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'd imagine he is probably either there now or on way possibly not the ground but a hotel somewhere. Next thing we hear will be having a medical then gone. He's not playing because he isn't around. Probably

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

The next time you see Bridcutt in stripes they'll be red and white.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
.............could get injured, which wouldn't be good for anyone.

Wouldn't it? Plays. Gets injured. Out for a couple of weeks - deal off, then he will have to put himself in the shop window if he wants to attract any interest again in the summer (when he MIGHT (just possibly) have a chance in the Prem with us)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

What makes you think it's his choice not to play? Everything you've wrote implies that Bridcutt is refusing to lace up when it could simply be the club keeping him out of the way to avoid injury/cup-tie (and the resulting lower fee) or keeping the guys that'll still be here on Feb 1st in the team, why rely on a player you know won't be there next week (probably)?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Reality of the business these days. The contract at Sunderland is worth too much for him personally, and the transfer fee is worth too much to us as a club for either party to want to risk it for the sake of picking up an injury at this stage.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Livid about this - the guy is paid to do a job. I cant go to my boss when I've got stuff on in life and say 'sorry I'm not in the right state of mind to work today'! The lads being linked with a multi million pound deal to the premiership, surely you want to be out on the pitch giving your all and proving you deserve the new contract. Get out on the pitch and do your feckin job. Could accept one match missing for this (just) but 3 games is an absolute joke. The club gave him a platform to showcase his undeniable talent, he can at least have the courage to give something back to Albion rather than sitting at home collecting his £k's whilst his CURRENT club are in the battle of their lives to get into the playoffs against a rival. I hope its not as cut throat as The Argus is suggesting and that he actually has some respect for the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here