Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1321140_478x359.jpg

Oscar has emphasised the importance of defence at Turf Moor

PUBLISHED
06:00 28th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
We must be concentrating on the second ball, because their understanding is very good and we must be prepared for this"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia says his side are primed to face high-flying Burnley tonight.
The Seagulls go into the game as underdogs but know victory over promotion-chasing Clarets could lay down a marker in their own hunt for a play-off spot.
The Albion head coach told seagulls.co.uk, "I think we have a lot of tough away games - we went to QPR and Wigan and have played a lot of tough games and this will be another big test for us.*
"We must be concentrating on the second ball, because their understanding is very good and we must be prepared for this.
team-l229-1321141.jpg

Oscar gives a talk to the squad during training at St George's Park
“They defend very well and are a well organised team. They have experience and know the players they play against. We must defend well as a team in these situations and attack well and cause problems to try and win the game.”*
Albion will line up against former striker Ashley Barnes for the first time since his move to Turf Moor, and Oscar admits that it will be an odd situation to face him so soon after his departure.
“I suppose it will be strange, but I wish him all the best... after Tuesday! He is breaking into the team slowly, because the other players are doing very well, but he has enough quality to play.
“I hope we can break this tradition [of players scoring against their former side] and for this I wish him the best after the game.”
barnes-l229-1321129.jpg

Barnes left Albion for Burnley earlier this month
On the subject of transfers the Spaniard added that the Seagulls are still in the market with under a week to go until the January window closes.
“I hope when the transfer window closes we will have some players who will strengthen the squad.*
"The aim is to bring in players who will improve the team, and improve the squad.
“But we had six players 23 or under on Saturday – Solly [March], Dunky [Lewis Dunky], [Adam] Chicksen, [Rohan] Ince, [Jake] Forster-Caskey, [Jon] Obika - and that is pleasing as they showed they can play. They have to be prepared when their time arrives.”*
Watch Oscar's Burnley press conference on Seagulls Player.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here