Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Gay Festival for Brighton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
see the ever growing acronym is now LGBTQ... does the "Q" stand for Questionable, like car registrations?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm waiting for someone to promote/advertise/market a heterosexual event, anywhere.......won't hold my breath.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Is there a need for a new event when (IIRC) pride has been under threat for the last few years due to numbers attending/funding.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Is there a need for a new event when (IIRC) pride has been under threat for the last few years due to numbers attending/funding.

One new event...just one.

If there was a new music festival in stammer park would you still ask the same question?

Popularity in pride has dwindled because it's no longer free...cynical ploy by our so called gay-friendly council

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm waiting for someone to promote/advertise/market a heterosexual event, anywhere.......won't hold my breath.

Good work. 3rd post in and we have this tired and simple argument.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No problem with the concept - if they can make money out of it then fair play to them.

To be fair though it does sound completely LAME! It's taking on a similar format to the great escape which is only a month later with much better music and tons more venues. If I wanted to do this kind of thing in Brighton I'd go to TGE regardless of sexuality. Or the BMC which is two weeks later.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

If there was a new music festival in stammer park would you still ask the same question?

Popularity in pride has dwindled because it's no longer free...cynical ploy by our so called gay-friendly council

None of these events should be free. Why should the people who don't want to attend these things. Have there lives disrupted by it, and foot the bill for the pleasure??? These sort of events should pay for themselves. It shouldn't be the tax payers bill.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

I understand it is only one more event however the other event (Pride) is curently floundering due to lack of interest / people unwilling to pay a relativly small ammount to attend. What is different to ensure that this event will be a success?

To answer your other question I understand it the Shakedown event (the only one I can think of at stammer park) is fully funded and well attended. If they wish to have another fully funded music event there I would have no problem with that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I understand it is only one more event however the other event (Pride) is curently floundering due to lack of interest / people unwilling to pay a relativly small ammount to attend. What is different to ensure that this event will be a success?

To answer your other question I understand it the Shakedown event (the only one I can think of at stammer park) is fully funded and well attended. If they wish to have another fully funded music event there I would have no problem with that.

It's not fully funded by the council though is it? I thought it was a private event that pay a rent to hire stammer park from the council?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here