Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Macca: Nerves Faded Quickly

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was a little nervous beforehand, obviously about how I was going to react but once I got into the game and started running about it went out of my head.
“I was just worried about how the ankle might react because I've been training and it is not the same as a game, but it was nice to get out there and test it out.
“It would have been nice to touch the ball a few more times than I did but to get 25 minutes under my belt after a year out has been nice. Now I am looking to push on, play a few more games and get some more minutes."
The forward is not willing to put a definite date on his first-team return but says he is now looking to step up a gear.
“I am hopefully training again with the first team this week then another under-21 game next week.
“I am hoping that I can get 45 minutes and push on a bit, get a bit more involved with the game, get a few more touches and some shots off.
“Hopefully I will be back in two weeks or so as there are four home games in a row and maybe I can get onto the bench for one of them.
“It is just important I get fitter and push it as hard as I can over the next week or so.
“For now, I will go home and have a nice hot bath when I get in because it has been absolutely freezing! Then I have got a recovery day tomorrow so I will make sure I do all the right things and make sure I am ready to train again Wednesday.”

Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on February 8th, 3pm kick off. Tickets available*
, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here