What do you think you're playing at!!??

That's far too supportive and optimistic for this message board!! :laugh: lol

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I ESCHEW singing those words.

You may tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the sea.

I also HATE it when people start the song off with 'DER DER DER DER DER DERRRRRRR DERRRRRRRRRR. :annoyed:

We have a UNIQUE song that no one else sings and people can't be arsed or bothered to sing it properly.
Really pisses me off :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I ESCHEW singing those words.

You may tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the sea.

I also HATE it when people start the song off with 'DER DER DER DER DER DERRRRRRR DERRRRRRRRRR. :annoyed:

We have a UNIQUE song that no one else sings and people can't be arsed or bothered to sing it properly.
Really pisses me off :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Couldn't agree more. DER DER DER ? Learn the words, it's not difficult.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Also, what about carrying on with the second verse after the first chorus!

We all just stop.

I've always enjoyed the "We're the men from Sussex..." verse.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Also, what about carrying on with the second verse after the first chorus!

We all just stop.

I've always enjoyed the "We're the men from Sussex..." verse.

Would be nice to carry on for more than one verse of the song. If done properly would sound great.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Of course all the older bods will remember it always used to be 'we're going up AND we'll win the cup...' It was only changed to 'we're going up TO win the cup' for the 83 cup run.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I thought before we played our third round game that we might have a chance in the cup this year (gospel), but didn't back us on the reasoning it would be the kiss of death :ohmy:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wholeheartedly agree.

It ****s me off too when people start off with der der der as well.

The only solution I can see is if the words are put on the scoreboard when played, but not so obviously, maybe have background images to show where and how the song originated. But the pureists won't accept that and call everyone a jcl.

Clapping doesn't help either. I've been belting out the proper words since the Amex opened, but Im tone deaf and sound terrible so people in front just turn around and give me the evils not realising what I'm trying to ****ing do :rant:

I'm in WSU and as much as I want it to happen it never will.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I enjoy making a sound like a trombone in between 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea' repeating. You'd be surprised how much fun it is.

Incidentally, I don't go 'der der 'der', more 'pharp pharp pharp'.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
So how many on here now were there when Norman Wisdom came on the pitch at half time in his cap to sing his new words to it.. There was a printed sheet inside the program if I remember correctly

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I enjoy making a sound like a trombone in between 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea' repeating. You'd be surprised how much fun it is.

Incidentally, I don't go 'der der 'der', more 'pharp pharp pharp'.

Slightly embarrassed to say, but I sing dar dar dar or plkay my harmonica. Maybe the big screen could have the words up just for a few games, then I could leave my harmonica at home.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Slightly embarrassed to say, but I sing dar dar dar or plkay my harmonica. Maybe the big screen could have the words up just for a few games, then I could leave my harmonica at home.

The words are available on NSC on various other threads. No doubt someone will wack them on here at some point. Would sound so much better with everyone singing the proper words.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Der der der der der der der, der der der der der, der der der der der der der der der der der der der deeeerrrr, Oh we're going up to win the cup for Sussex by the sea, ALL TOGETHER NOW!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here