Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone's not a fan of Nationwide Insurance

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton

Unfortunately its insurance in general. My Old Man's been a broker for fifty odd years (Used to work with Sir Des in the early days). Interestingly he buys very little insurance for himself as a result of understanding the industry.

He did have the best client ever though....a man who's genuine name was......Hamilton Reckless. Damn I wanted to be called that!

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Unfortunately its insurance in general. My Old Man's been a broker for fifty odd years (Used to work with Sir Des in the early days). Interestingly he buys very little insurance for himself as a result of understanding the industry.

He did have the best client ever though....a man who's genuine name was......Hamilton Reckless. Damn I wanted to be called that!

Reminds me of a company I used to work for that had a customer called Norman Conquest :smile:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Reminds me of a company I used to work for that had a customer called Norman Conquest :smile:

Hamilton Reckless was just the pick of the bunch, another one I remember was a Chinese customer called Ivan Ho. I promise I'm not making it up.

There's a Successful Business owner around the Southeast called Mike Hunt as well come to think of it. The Family own car dealerships, Singing Hills and East Sussex National Golf Clubs and loads of other stuff.

If, heaven forbid, we lost TB as chairman, I would have my fingers crossed for him to come on board!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hamilton Reckless was just the pick of the bunch, another one I remember was a Chinese customer called Ivan Ho. I promise I'm not making it up.

There's a Successful Business owner around the Southeast called Mike Hunt as well come to think of it. The Family own car dealerships, Singing Hills and East Sussex National Golf Clubs and loads of other stuff.

If, heaven forbid, we lost TB as chairman, I would have my fingers crossed for him to come on board!

[edit] in my business experience. You would not want him at the Albion, I promise you.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[edit] in my business experience. You would not want him at the Albion, I promise you.

So what you're saying is it's not worth sniffing around Mike Hunt?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I suspect he'll be getting a call from Nationwide's lawyers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I worked for a Uk Broker in Haywards Heath back in the 80s and one of our clients was Wayne Kerr Ltd. Company is still trading!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I worked for a Uk Broker in Haywards Heath back in the 80s and one of our clients was Wayne Kerr Ltd. Company is still trading!
Yeah, used to do work for them when I worked in Portslade. They put out some guff about it being a celebration of Anglo-American relations, choosing an actor from each country (John Wayne and Deborah Kerr) to symbolise this :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I worked with a bloke called Alan Keys and one of our sales people is called James Bond.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Called insurance broker today for advice about a possible leaky roof and claiming it on insurance - he told me not to bother, and just pay the contractor unless it was really expensive. So Nationwide are probably not alone in their service standards. Other companies doing their best to wriggle out of paying what their policies pretend they are liable for.

mrmarkyt

Dec 28, 2012
Called insurance broker today for advice about a possible leaky roof and claiming it on insurance - he told me not to bother, and just pay the contractor unless it was really expensive. So Nationwide are probably not alone in their service standards. Other companies doing their best to wriggle out of paying what their policies pretend they are liable for.

Similar experieince with Ansvar Insurance following the recent storms.

These kind folks told me that they would not cover the damage to our roof because it had not been windy enough!

Certainly won't be taking out another policy with them at renewal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here